3 safari trends Zambian safari companies can benefit from
How Zambian safari companies can benefit from travel trends, experiential travel, mindful travel and multi-generational travel
There are a range of emerging travel trends in 2017. We’ve selected three that could be opportunities for the Zambian safari sector.
The normal day for most international travelers is a very busy schedule with every minute accounted for, often with mundane daily routines. When it comes to holidays, these travelers are looking for something deeper, something that will fill their craving for out of the ordinary. They are looking for enriching, challenging and adventurous experiences that delve into local cultures, history and people. They want to participatory, adventurous and authentic travel experiences.
That busy schedule is very much driving the desire for a complete escape – away from pinging calendars, social media notifications and screen related work and play (TV, gaming, apps, etc). Many of today’s travelers want to set their own pace, cut off from their stressful world and reconnect with themselves and their families. They seek travel experiences that are unhurried and include wellness activities like yoga as well as the natural, spiritual and environmentally sound.
With high housing and childcare costs in many Western countries, there is a growing trend for multi generational living that includes retired grand parents, working parents and their children. And so, people are looking for destinations that suit the needs of an extended family group holiday. The experiential travel trend impacts this multi-generational trend as families seek destinations that will immerse their families, and particularly their children in meaningful travel that both entertains and educates.
We can advertise your travel packages
What Zambia offers is perfectly suited to fill the void these travelers are looking for. Our rich culture, friendly people, wildlife adventures and outdoor experiences are ideal. Safari companies like yours can respond to these trends by creating tours, packages and itineraries to suit the needs of today’s traveler.
72% of our traffic is from website users in Africa. These are people accessing the web through their phones and tablets, a population that is growing more and more travel ready. 24% of our traffic is from website users in USA, Europe and Asia, prime targets for people hungry for the type of travel experiences Zambia can offer. Advertise with us to reach the 80,000 people who browse 500,000 pages on our website every month!
“Royal Zambezi Lodge has been using The Best of Zambia for over 5 years now and we are very happy with the service and the exposure it gives us. In particular we have seen a marked increase in online and phone enquires since the introduction of the special offers section. All we do is let The Best of Zambia team know about our offers, they get them published and we see the results. We would recommend The Best of Zambia to any business in Zambia.”
Chileya Kasuba-Ndeke, Marketing Manager Royal Zambezi Lodge · Joined January 2012
4 features of interest to safari organisations
- Booking.com integration – We’ve partnered with booking.com to allow your potential guests to book online right from your page on thebestofzambia.com
- Photos – images are key to travel bookings – showcase your services using galleries.
- Unlimited advertising – We’ll find events, offers and news you post on Facebook and re-advertise them on thebestofzambia.com. You can also let us know of adverts you want to run.
- Ongoing marketing – We re-market any services, events, offers or news we posted on thebestofzambia.com to Facebook, email subscribers, blog readers and search engines.
For more about what we offer, view here.
Sign up today, from K3,600 (excluding VAT)*, and we’ll advertise your safari services online.
* This price applies to Premium (up to 3 services, e.g. Hotel, Restaurant, Conferencing venue). If you have more than 3 services you will need the Enterprise package which costs K7,200 per year (excluding VAT).
Read more on 2017 travel trends
- Five travel trends for Africa in 2017, by Travel Weekly
- Africa travel trends for 2017, by African Safari Consultants
- Africa’s travel trends for 2017, by Alluring Africa