Creative arts classes
Modzi Arts partners with Bezalel Art Haus creative organisation from the United Kingdom, founded by Amede Unuabona in 2016. The aim is to practically educate aspiring creatives between the ages of 16 and 25 who desire to enter the creative industries, locally or, internationally. Between the dates: Monday 1st May 2017 to Friday 5th May 2017, B.A.H. will deliver four full days worth of courses to the young people of Lusaka, Zambia. Below is an outline of the week.
Monday 1st May 2017 – Launch evening
– Introducing Bezalel Art Haus & The Founder.
– Meet and greet all the participants.
– Music, food and good vibes.
Tuesday 2nd May 2017 – Photography @K200
– A brief study on noteworthy photographers.
– How to use various cameras effectively.
– Shooting practice in studio and outdoors.
– Photo editing using Adobe Photoshop & VSCO.
– Using Social Media: Instagram & Tumblr.
Objective: All Participants must be able to demonstrate their understanding in Photography by producing a collection of seven photographs, which have been edited and uploaded onto their Instagram & Tumblr Account.
Wednesday 3rd May 2017 – Music Production @K 200
– A brief study on noteworthy music producers
– Understanding the tools: Logic, Sound Cards, MIDI
– How to record
– Producing three beats as a team
– Using Social Media: Soundcloud
Objective: All Participants must be able to demonstrate their understanding in Music Production by collaboratively producing three mixed, instrumental music tracks and uploading them onto a Soundcloud account.
Thursday 4th May 2017 / Vocals and Performance @K 200
– Embracing your own voice
– Vocal warm-up, exercises and games
– Stage performance and presence
– Write a song in a day
– Using Software: Audacity & Tumblr
Objective: All Participants must be able to demonstrate their understanding in Vocal Performance by being able to deliver an exercise to the group, contributing to the songwriting process and participating in the group performance at the Wrap-up party
Friday 5th May 2017 – Wrap up party
– Sharing the work created during the week
– Hand out certificates
Location: Modzi Arts at the Swedish school on Alick Nhkata Road,next to Pope Square Church which is next to UN HQ.
Registration is K 200 per person per course and includes all workshop materials, snacks and drinks.
Space is limited. Registration closes on April 26 or when capacity is reached.
Contact us via email or phone call.
For more information
Never miss an event again. Get the latest events sent to your inbox.