Director of Academics
Trident College is located on a 113-hectare nature reserve in Solwezi, Zambia. The school opened its doors to the first pioneering group of pupils and parents in January 2014. In addition to serving the educational needs of the local copper mining community, the College, which is now home to pupils of 12 different nationalities, is rapidly becoming the boarding school of choice in Zambia and a firm option for parents and pupils throughout southern Africa. Due to Educore Services’ commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal record.
- Trident College Solwezi forms part of the Trident Group schools which is made up of two preparatory schools and the College
- Trident Schools are, in turn, operated by Educore Services, a leading provider of independent schooling in Zambia
- Trident is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic Director of Academics
- The appointee will be responsible for Planning, Leading, Organizing and Controlling the drive for ongoing and systemic improvements to the process of teaching and learning at Trident
- The position is a senior management appointment, reporting to the Headmaster
- The College offers the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) curriculum to boys and girls from year 7 to year 13 with external Cambridge Certification at the end of Year 11 (IGCSE), Year 12 (AS level) and Year 13 (A-Level)
- Successful candidate will have a passion for academics with a clear understanding of academic excellence in an international context
- Identifying, recruiting, developing and measuring the performance of staff will be a critical aspect of the job
- The minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s Degree with a Post-Graduate Teaching Diploma and current registration as a teacher in the country of origin
- Exercising transformational academic leadership in a rural African setting has the potential to be very rewarding but will require a special commitment on the part of interested parties and their families
- Commencement date: No later than 1 January 2018
- Deep commitment to the holistic growth and development of learners
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to innovate, engage and motivate staff to achieve the objectives of the department and the school
- Enjoy being part of an evolving and growing school environment
How to apply
Send your CVs and cover letter, including 3 contactable referees to email below:
For more information
Never miss a job opportunity again. Get the latest jobs sent to your inbox.