Driver, Tipper Truck
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do. In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents. With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Hauling material using the allocated trucks from one point to another in a safe manner according to operational regulations
- Assist during general house keeping all over the site
- Report all defects on the machine and care for the machine
- Be responsible, honest and accountable
- Do any other reasonable duties
- Conduct daily inspections on the Tipper Trucks
- To perform loading and offloading of materials as per safe standing instructions and specification
- Ensure the check-list is completed and submitted
- Maintain Health and Safety at all times
- To follow correct and lawful instructions from the respective supervisor and laid down procedures and regulations
- Perform other related duties that may be required and or as may be directed by the supervisor
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate or equivalent
- Holder of a valid Class C Driver’s License with not less than 2 years driving experienc
- Valid First Aid and Silicosis Certificates added advantage
- Two (2) years’ relevant experience in the Mining and or Construction Environment.
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below:
For more information
Never miss a job opportunity again. Get the latest jobs sent to your inbox.