Short Term Lessons Learnt Consultancy
WWF Zambia was established in 1962 to support conservation of natural resources in Zambia. Since 1962 WWF, formerly World Wildlife Fund Zambia has been involved in various conservation activities to conserve Zambia’s biodiversity upon which the nation’s economy and livelihoods largely depend. WWF Zambia country office seeks a GIS Intern under its Freshwater Programme. The GIS Intern will provide assistance with GIS data development and conversion projects; create features and assign attribute data from other datasets to GIS format; develop and document GIS procedures and creating internal maps for distribution. WWF Zambia Country Office is implementing a project on Biodiversity protection through climate – adapted agriculture – for a sustainable development in the KAZA conservation area in Zambia. The project is being implemented in 5 communities in Sesheke and Sioma Districts of Western Province, Zambia. This area is referred to as the Silowana Complex which is the Game Management Area (GMA) surrounding the Sioma Ngwezi National Park.
- WWF is seeking a short term consultancy to document Lessons learnt for the project
- The objective of this assignment is to document lessons learnt so that the project can discover both strengths and weaknesses
- It will provide an opportunity for Silowana Complex communities, authorities and WWF Zambia to discuss the successes during the project, unintended outcomes, and recommendations for others involved in similar future projects
- To identify the impact and effectiveness of the project, WWF wants to learn from its own experiences in implementing the project
- A Master’s degree in social sciences; with not less than 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation, or any relevant field
- Must have a traceable record of similar studies undertaken and experience in community development in Zambia
- Must possess excellent participatory and analytical skills
- Knowledge of the working areas and the local language (Lozi) will be an added advantage
How to apply
Interested candidates should send application letters with their latest CV, technical proposal and financial proposal by email to the undersigned:
For more information
Never miss a job opportunity again. Get the latest jobs sent to your inbox.