Due to continued success and rapid expansion, one of the country`s leading Civil, Earth works & General Transport contractor has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Workshop Manager who takes pride in setting excellent work standards, and has a passion for an outstanding service delivery.
As the Workshop Manager you report directly to the Company Director and will oversee and manage the daily activities of the workshop, ensuring efficiency, maintenance standards and safety performance. You will monitor and organise workload ensuring that company standards are met.
- Oversee the daily running of the workshop, booking in of work and prioritising workload to meet customer needs, ensuring a steady flow of work through the workshop
- To provide guidance to other staff as required
- Monitor job cards and service documentation for documentation for completeness and accuracy. Oversee all Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices and adhered to within the workshop
- Ensure the provision and ongoing condition of workshop tools and equipment, arranging purchase, repair and calibration
- Supervise workshop staff, including monitoring of timekeeping and productivity, authorising overtime, identifying training needs
- Ensure service/inspection documentation is correctly completed and customer defect procedures adhered to
Key requirements for the role
Minimum 3 years of engineering supervision experience within transport/haulage industry.
- Ability to supervise/manage a team
- Excellent technical knowledge of Heavy Goods Vehicles
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Confident and ambitious with the ability quickly build rapport.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills
The successful candidate will enjoy a permanent contract, fantastic salary and great benefits. If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.
Only candidates with the right skill set will be in invited to the interview.
For more information
Never miss a job opportunity again. Get the latest jobs sent to your inbox.