Primary school in Lusaka, Zambia
- Primary Years Programme for children from pre-school to grade five
- Preparation for a lifetime of inquiry-based learning
- A range of co-curricular opportunities
During their time in the primary school, your child will:
- Continue to use play, experiential learning and structured inquiry to make sense of the world and build understanding.
- Learn to explore their world with curiosity, ask questions and develop thinking skills.
- Develop a sense of what it means to respect themselves, each other and their community as they learn independently and in groups.
- Develop a range of social skills in the classroom and on the playground.
- Enjoy a range of co-curricular opportunities, including an extensive after school activities programme and field learning experiences.
- Develop the various literacies (reading, writing and mathematics).
- Use technology responsibly to support and enhance their learning.
- Begin to learn and develop language skills in French or Spanish.
The IB Primary Years Programme offered by the American International School of Lusaka (AISL) provides the framework for teaching and learning in the primary school.