Bookworld Premium member Veteran
Bookworld, one of Zambia’s biggest book & stationery store provides its customers with a wide choice of books at great value, together with expert advice from a passionate team. The company has 10 stores across the country and an E-Store. Their website is fully integrated with a user friendly e-commerce system that has an extensive selection of books and stationery products available to online shoppers. No two Bookworld’s are the same, sophisticated stock management systems ensure that each bookshop has its own unique range profile and space.
Books and magazines
At Bookworld, education is the priority. This company has been providing books and stationery to the Zambian public since 1991. Bookworld’s reputation has been enhanced by their involvement and experience in working with suppliers of stationery, publishers and booksellers worldwide.
- Providing books and stationery since 1991
- Seven Bookworld bookshops in Lusaka, one in Kitwe and one in Ndola
- A proud promoter of Zambian writers and publishers
For the convenience of their customers there are currently seven Bookworld stores in Lusaka, one in Kitwe, one in Ndola and one in Mazabuka. Bookworld intends to expand even further, to make their educational material available all over Zambia.
Ranges of books stocked
No two Bookworld’s are the same. Sophisticated stock management systems ensure that each bookshop has its own unique range profile and space at the front of the bookshop to promote a choice of books picked by that branch.
An average sized Bookworld merchandises a range of around 10,000 individual titles in the largest store with sections concentrating on fiction, academic genres and children’s books, lifestyle, motivational and tertiary education books.
Zambia’s biggest academic book specialist
Bookworld has shops based in two of the University of Zambia’s campuses. The Ridgeway branch in particular specialises in medical books only. This creates an accessible environment for Zambia’s next educated generation. Every year a representative from the Library of Congress visits Bookworld to buy any news books published in Zambia.
Support for Zambian writers and publishers
A proud promoter of Zambian writers and publishers, Bookworld actively encourages and supports up and coming homegrown talent. Staying true to its identity, it is a longstanding member of the Booksellers Association of Zambia (BAZA). It is through this forum the company contributes to the development of education in Zambia as well as adhering to its famous motto ‘Where Education is Our Priority’.
- Manda Hill Bookworld Shop 19255, Manda Hill Shopping Centre, Lusaka Tel: +260 211 255470 Fax: +260 211 255516
- Crossroads Bookworld Shop 22845, Crossroads Shopping Mall, Leopards Hill, Lusaka Tel: +260 211 268329 Fax: +260 211 268359
- Cairo Road Bookworld Shop 684, Cairo Road, Lusaka Tel: +260 211 225 282 Fax: +260 211 225 195
- Kulima Tower Bookworld Shop 4797, Kulima Tower. Katunjila Rd, Lusaka Telefax: +260 211 237051
- Ridgeway Bookworld 4579, Nationalist Road, Ridgeway, Lusaka Telefax: +260 211 256183
- UNZA Bookworld 50050, UNZA Campus, Great East Road, Lusaka Tel: +260 211 293376 Fax: +260 211 294 690
- Makeni Bookworld Shop 2, Plot 9471, Makeni Shopping Centre, Kafue Road, Lusaka Telefax: + 260 211 274591
- Kitwe Town Bookworld Plot 6022, Shop 2, Kabengele Road, Kitwe Telefax: +260 212 228575
- Ndola Bookworld Shop 2, Jacaranda Shopping Mall, Ndola Telefax: + 260 212 650072
- Mazabuka Bookworld, Town Centre Tele: +260 0954862281
Categories of Books & Stationery sold
- School books (primary and secondary)
- University level books
- Children’s books
- Business and professional books
- Motivations and autobiographies
- Large range of novels
- Travel guides
- Cookery books
- Magazines and newspapers
- Office stationery
- School stationery
- Arts and crafts
Bookworld Ltd is the largest book and stationery store in Zambia, having opened its first store in 1991. Now Bookworld’s 10th store is online! Bookworld Ltd has an extensive selection of books and stationery products available to online shoppers. The Bookworld website is fully integrated with a user friendly e-commerce system.
- Offering over 1,000 book titles on its website
- Provides a variety of online payment methods
- Has joined forces with Post Courier and EMS
Bookworld Ltd has a vision to help develop Zambia into a nation of well-informed and educated citizens. Giving Zambian’s citizens an opportunity to access books and stationery online is one of the ways Bookworld is achieving this vision.
Items available online
Bookworld is offering over 1,000 book titles on its website, as well as office stationery. In the near future the company will also be adding a range of toys and games.
How you pay
Bookworld Ltd provides a variety of online payment methods which clients can use – MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, visa card transactions through Barclays Bank, direct bank transfer or cheque. These payment methods are trustworthy and secure.
Bookworld Ltd has joined forces with Post Courier and EMS so that customers receive their book and stationery orders directly at their doorstep, for a nominal delivery fee.
Tracking of purchases
Customers receive updates at every step of their online transaction via their account, from the time the order is made to the time the purchase is received.