Rafting the Zambezi River below the Victoria Falls is recognised as some of the very best whitewater rafting in the world. In the Batoka Gorge, the deep channeled, high volume Zambezi river offers exciting and challenging rapids, interspersed with tranquil pools. Bundu Adventures pride themselves on their safety record and trip leaders have up to 15 years experience. Walk down the gorge. Paddle in a raft across the boiling pot. See the amazing Victoria Falls from the bottom.
White water rafting in Livingstone, Zambia
- White water rafting with thrilling and challenging rapids
- Multi day rafting options
- High safety standards
High water – February to July
Low water – August to January
Multi day rafting
- Full day white water rafting – 9 hours
- Morning half day white water rafting – 6 hours
- Afternoon half day white water rafting – 6.5 hours
- Afternoon half day white water rafting – 3.5 hours
- Rafting, swimming under the falls combo – 6.5 hours to 9 hours
A typical day involves
- Pick up 8:00 hours, from your accommodation
- Check-in next to the Victoria Falls
- Rafting from Rapid 1 to Rapid 25 or rapid 14, 10 or 7 (depending on the water level)
- Snacks on the side of the river at Rapid 10
- Lunch and drinks at the top of the gorge above Rapid 25 before returning to Livingstone
- Return to your accommodation at approximately 14:00 hours or 17:00 hours
Join Bundu Adventures for a full day of rafting adventure and experience the most exciting and challenging rapids you can enjoy. The Zambezi river below the Victoria Falls is widely considered to be the very best rafting river in the world. A deep channeled, high volume river, the Zambezi has class 3 to 5 rapids interspersed with tranquil pools.
During low water Bundu Adventure offers both half and full day rafting experiences as well as an exclusive ‘Test the Best’ rafting trip.
Because safety is always their priority rafting may be closed if the river reaches a certain level, generally in March/April until May due to the rainy season.
Kayaking in Livingstone, Zambia
- Half day or full day kayaking or paddling
- Use your own kayak or hire one
- Experienced kayak and paddle instructors
The Zambezi is internationally acclaimed as one of the best whitewater rafting rivers in the world. Bundu Adventures offers unique, well run and professional adventures on the Zambezi River. Enjoy being part of small groups under the guidance of world class international guides. The company offers a wide range of kayaking activities to suit children, beginner paddlers, advanced paddlers and senior rafters.
Whether you are a first-timer or an experienced paddler the Zambezi River, below Victoria Falls offers some of the best class 3 and 5 big water kayaking in the world. Warm water, big rapids and great play features are the trademarks of the Zambezi River.
Kayakers are given a comprehensive safety briefing and undertake a practice session at the bottom of the gorge before going kayaking. Safety is paramount, and paddles, lifejackets and helmets will be issued.
Canoeing in Livingstone, Zambia
- Wildlife rich canoe safaris
- Discover the amazing Upper Zambezi River
- Escorted by qualified, experienced guides
A brilliant canoe safari on the Zambezi river, camping on islands, with great food and beautiful river scenery. You will stand a good chance of seeing elephant, hippo, crocodile and various species of antelope, not to mention the abundant birdlife.
Bundu Adventures offers an overnight option that will give you the true wilderness experience. Camp on an island, sleep under the stars and enjoy dinner on beautiful sandy beach. Hippos can be spotted in the river nearby.
In the dry season (July to November) elephant occasionally come to drink and wallow in the mud. Hippos and crocodiles are always around. Kudu, impala, waterbuck, baboons, warthog are often sighted. Around 350 species of birds have been identified in the region.
The wet season (December to April) is particularly good for birding as well as the above wildlife.
Fishing in Livingstone, Zambia
- Catch the greatest fighter by weight, the notorious tiger fish under the Victoria falls
- This is sport fishing, the policy is catch and release
- An experience of a lifetime lead by qualified guides
For an experience of a lifetime, join Bundu Adventures on a six day fishing trip all the way down to Lake Kariba! Or opt for one of their overnight fishing packages or take up rafting and fishing for two or three days, sleeping under the stars on a white sandy beach, all with great food, great stories, great beer and great wildlife… You will have time to relax in between the rapids to enjoy the scenic beauty of the Batoka Gorge.
Bring your own equipment or hire rods and fishing equipment from Bundu Adventures for ZMW100 per rod per day. Note that losses will be charged at cost price. Or bring your own equipment. Photo footage available.
Mobile safaris in Livingstone, Zambia
- Mobile camping safaris ranging in budgets and style
- Staff ensure you receive safe and pleasant tour
- Open game drive vehicles designed for maximum game viewing
Operating since 1996, Bundu Adventures provides quality mobile safaris throughout Zambia, Malawi and other countries in southern Africa. These includes birding, game drives, walking safaris and village tours led by experienced and knowledgeable guides. The mobile safaris offer a very personal interaction with nature – you’ll be at grassroots level, close to the earth and able to truly appreciate small luxuries in the middle of nowhere. Bundu Adventures mobile Safaris run from April to November.
With over 25 years experience in mobile camping safaris Bundu Adventures are competent in offering clients quality adventures in Zambia. This company is able to organise personalised mobile safaris through Zambia’s National Parks, showing you stunning landscapes, abundant wildlife and beautiful rivers.
- Lusaka to Livingstone through Kafue and Liuwa National Park
- Lusaka to Livingstone through Kafue National Park
Start locations in Lilongwe/Livingstone or Lusaka/Livingstone. Enjoy stunning landscapes, abundant wildlife and beautiful rivers.
Spend your time with game drives in the National Parks, explore along the rivers and a boat cruise on the scenic Shire River, also visiting Malawi National Park.
Tents and equipment
Tents used for Bundu Adventure’s mobile camping experiences are large dome type tents (3,5 x 2.5 m and 2 metres high) with a maximum of 2 guests accommodated in each. The tents are spacious and provide ample room for camping beds and luggage. The camping beds (2 metres long, 60 cm wide and 50 cm high) are fitted with 50 mm high density foam mattresses covered with fresh linen. A small freezer is built into the Landrover to keep perishables fresh.
Zambia self drive
The team will accompany you in their own vehicle while you have the independence to be on your own with the advantage of having a back-up, should you encounter any problem in the bush. Bundu Adventures are able to tailor your self drive itineraries. You will visit remote areas which are difficult to access without the knowledge of a local guide. Bundu Adventures will arrange all bookings so you can relax and enjoy your holiday on a fully catered trip.
Swimming Under the Victoria Falls in Livingstone, Zambia
- Only possible from the Zambian side of the Victoria Falls
- An opportunity to relax and swim in the rock pools right below the falls
- A spectacular view of the Victoria Falls from the bottom of the gorge
Under the spray
Walk down the gorge. Paddle in a canoe across the boiling pot. See the amazing Victoria Falls from the bottom. This is a breathtaking and awesome perspective with the rock face towering more than a hundred metres above with cascades of water tumbling down from the cliff. An unforgettable Bundu adventure!
At certain times of the year when the water is low it is possible to swim in the rock pools right underneath the waterfalls. This is an unforgettable adventure by Bundu Adventure right in the heart of one of the most beautiful places on earth! Surrounded by the massive black basaltic rock towering up above you and the water poring seemingly out of the sky, you will have an unforgettable experience!
Bundu Adventures will provide
- Drinks – soft drink, juice and water
- Fruit and crisps
- All equipment – helmet, paddle, rafts, etc
- A qualified and knowledgeable guide
Please note that the minimum age limit is 12 years. Bundu Adventures will store your valuables which you can pick up after the trip.