Catholic Relief Services Zambia Free member
Founded by the US Conference of Catholic Bishops in 1943, Catholic Relief Services (CRS) has expert experience in managing complex, multi-year relief and development projects. The organisation has been operating in Zambia since 2000, with programs in 8 Zambian provinces, dealing with health, nutrition, agriculture, microfinance and capacity building.
Please note! This is a Basic listing and we cannot guarantee this information is up to date. You can find premium alternatives under each service below. Premium listings have guaranteed up to date info, no ads and more contact options and photos.
International NGO in Lusaka, Zambia Work here? Upgrade to add more information and photos
Its mission is to assist impoverished and disadvantaged people. With programs in 8 Zambian provinces, CRS works hard to improve family well-being through agro-economic development, environmental stewardship and many more. CRS is dedicated to strengthening health systems and sustainability.
- Dealing with agriculture, health care, micro finance and capacity building
- In partnership with local church agencies, other faith-based partners
- Serves people based solely on need, regardless of their religion or ethnicity
Agriculture in Lusaka, Zambia Work here? Upgrade to add more information and photos
Agriculture is one of the main sources of income in Zambia with about 70% of the Zambian population dependent on farming. The CRS works to empower rural communities to engage in market equability, profitability and sustainability so that rural families can earn a basic income.
- Techniques for processing, preparation and preservation of produce
- Enabled15,000 smallholder farm families to produce higher yields
- Works with farmers to build their ability to identify viable market opportunities
Healthcare in Lusaka, Zambia Work here? Upgrade to add more information and photos
Catholic Relief Services runs several health programmes in Zambia to help address the health needs of the most vulnerable in society. The agency’s health programs include a broad spectrum of services, from community support and care to clinical treatment that meets the diverse needs of clients.
- Works with teams of seasoned, highly trained national professionals
- Has worked with local partners to train 137 service providers
- Provides on-site clinical training to more than 200 medical and clinical officers
Micro finance in Lusaka, Zambia Work here? Upgrade to add more information and photos
In recognition of the fact that 64% of Zambian live below the poverty line, Catholic Relief Services has developed a savings-led microfinance model known as Savings and Internal lending Communities (SILC). The microfinance has been helping the community with a strategy to protect their assets, cash flow and increase income.
- Savings-led micro finance model known as SILC
- Credit to invest in improved production and marketing techniques
- Builds financial management and other important life skills for youth participation
Capacity building in Lusaka, Zambia Work here? Upgrade to add more information and photos
Catholic Relief Services has partnered with more than 40 local organisations in Zambia to implement quality development programs. CRS believes that capacity strengthening of local partners is fundamental to achieving sustainability. The aim is to foster strong local ownership by helping to build the capacities of partners.
- Works through local partners to deliver quality development programmes
- Provides training to partner field staff in monitoring and evaluation
- Continuously strengthens the institutional capacity of the CHAZ