City Clothing Factory
City Clothing Factory has been operational since 1962. This factory specialises in the design, manufacture and distribution of quality school uniforms, school jerseys, ties and socks, for government and private schools in the country. It also manufactures protective clothing for industrial use and offers an exclusive range of tailor-made clothing for professionals. City Clothing has a fully stocked bookshop conveniently located along Freedom Way, within Lusaka’s central business district.
Uniforms in Lusaka, Zambia
- Leading supplier of school uniforms
- Cotton skirts and gym dresses
- Embroiders company logos and other designs on garments
Starting off as a small family business in Livingstone, City Clothing Factory soon moved to Lusaka’s central business district. Ever since, it has been supplying school uniforms, protective clothing and embroidery branding services to companies and institutions, from its Lusaka premises.
Boys’ range of school uniforms
Boys’ safari suits come in various colours – grey, green, navy blue, light blue and maroon. The sizes range from 0 – 4. The safari tops and shorts are made with 100% polyester, designed for endurance and usability. The shorts have a back pocket and a full elastic band, comfortably fitting children of all sizes.
Standard school shirts come in white and light blue colours. They are made of 65% polyester and 35% cotton blend, making them easy to wear and easy to iron.
Girls’ range of school uniforms
Dresses come in various colours – grey, green, navy blue, light blue and maroon. The sizes range from 0 – 5. Dresses are made of 100% polyester. Skirts and gym dresses made of cotton are also available.
Made to measure clothing
City Clothing produces made to measure corporate clothing on a small scale for a select clientèle. These include corporate suits, trousers, skirts, blouses, ties, shirts and coats. Every garment is tailored to an individual’s specifications, to suit the customer’s style, shape and size.
City Clothing can embroider company logos and other designs on garments for branding purposes. The company provides these embroidery services to various Zambian based companies, schools and governmental institutions.
City Clothing has a team of competent and qualified staff members, including three Zambian designers and two tailors. All permanent staff members at City Clothing belong to the National Union of Commercial and Industrial Workers.
City Clothing has a full range of equipment and a modern workshop that includes:
- Sewing machines (Singer and Juki range)
- Overlock machines
- Button hole machines
- Overall button machine
- Large steam generator irons (Naomato brand)
- Head embroidery machines (Tajima brand)
- State of the art Eastman cutting machine
Specialist clothing in Lusaka, Zambia
- Security accessory clothing
- Cotton and acid proof dust coats available
- Highly visible reflector vests
- Overalls: These are either made in cotton or acid proof to cater for different industry needs. Overalls, also referred to as boiler suits, come in various colours with sizes ranging from 36 – 48. The main features of City Clothing overalls include chest pockets with logo attached and elastic switching waistband for a durable fit. Reflective tape can be added to the overalls to improve visibility of workers who operate in dark conditions such as mines
- Work suits: These are also made in cotton and acid proof. The work suit is one of the most popular products of City Clothing due its workability and ease of wear. Main features include chest pocket with logo, concealed zipper front or metal button front and elastic waistband for durable fit. Reflective tape can be added on request.
- Dust coats: These come in either cotton or acid proof. The acid proof dust coat, known as a laboratory coat, is normally used in the medical field as protection against chemicals. Features include three convenient pockets and a pen holder. The laboratory coat comes in white acid proof fabric. Dust coats are available in royal blue, emerald green, navy blue, white, red, khaki, dark green and grey.
Household and catering uniforms
- Domestic men’s uniform: This is a simple cotton safari suit made of 100% soft cotton, short sleeved and durable. The trousers are made for endurance with strong bar tack stitching at the base of the pockets, and belt loops to assist with fitting.
- Maids’ dress: This is made up of 65% polyester and 35% cotton for comfort and versatility. The dresses are available in various checked materials as standard. City Clothing is happy to make them in any other fabric to meet the customer’s choice and design.
- Chef uniform: This is a bright white jacket made of either polyester or cotton fabric. Key features include double breasted front, 10 buttons showing and a Nehru neck style collar. The cuffs have a slit and flare that is widely used in the industry for ease. Customers who require a specific design are also catered for.
- Chef’s hat: Normally white with a pleated look at the top.
- Chef’s apron: Available in white and other colours.
- Safari suits: Two piece top and trousers made of 100% polyester, available in navy blue and dark green. The safari suit is a traditional uniform popularised by the first president of Zambia Dr. Kenneth Kaunda. It is now mainly used by office messengers, drivers and domestic staff.
- Tunics and trousers: These are often worn by security personnel and are popular with traditionalists in the hospitality business who want to recreate the “colonial look.” A piping on the side seam of the trousers can be added to enhance the look.
- Combat security uniform: These are made up of shirts and trousers. The trousers have strong bar track stitching at the base of the pockets, larger belt loops to assist with fitting and strings at the base of the trousers to help tie them into boots. Some companies prefer to use a simple uniform for their security personnel therefore City Clothing offers basic security shirts and trousers. The shirt is made up of 65% polyester and 35% cotton, allowing comfort and workability. These are also easy to wash and iron.
- Security jerseys: these come in a variety of colours to suit the customer’s choice. Their heavy duty style is authentically designed. Patches under the elbows protect the user and allowances are made on the shoulder for ranks.
- The beret: These come in a variety of corporate colours to suit individual company requirements and branding.
- Other security accessory clothing: Webbing belts, whistles and lanyards, batons and military socks, in green or khaki.
- Reflector vests: These are made of highly visible florescent yellow fabric. The quality reflective tape enables good visibility at night.
- Orange bibs: Made with high visibility 100% polyester orange netting fabric.
- Weather coat: This is similar to army winter coats but made of light weight material, making it an all year round product. Key features include reinforced pockets and inside lining. Weather coats can be worn over uniforms.
- PVC rainwear: These are either as a 1 piece raincoat or a 2 piece rainsuit. The PVC plastic allows flexibility while protecting from the rain. Rain suits consist of a coat, trousers and hat. The trousers have an elasticated back with several pockets.
- Defence uniforms: City Clothing is a defence forces uniform specialist and has been so for many years.
Other products include dust respirators, hard hats, PVC aprons, PVC gloves, safety shoes, safety boots, gum boots (both regular and steel toe).
Printing and Stationery in Lusaka, Zambia
- Leading distributor of school stationery
- Supplies products both as retails and in bulk to schools
- Friendly staff members
City Clothing Factory Ltd provides a full range of school stationery, with everything under one roof.
The range of products includes:
- Text books
- Exercise books
- Colouring books
- Mathematical sets
- Colouring pencils and crayons
- Permanent and ordinary markers
- Paper glue
- Plain paper
City Clothing has a team of dedicated staff members who are always on hand to assist customers with anything they may need. The company supplies both products in bulk to schools around Lusaka, and also individual items on a retail basis.