Ogaz Zambia is a wholly owned Zambian company that manufactures, distributes and efficiently supplies a range of industrial gases and related services – mainly liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) but also carbon dioxide, oxygen, nitrogen and acetylene. The company supplies gases for both commercial and domestic use. LPG is accessible to anyone without major infrastructure investment and is used in homes for lighting and cooking.
Industrial chemicals and gases in Lusaka, Zambia
- Gas cylinders in different sizes
- Gas stoves available
- Variety of valves and high pressure hoses
Ogaz Zambia commercial products
Ogaz Zambia Ltd supplies quality products at affordable prices. Its commercial product range includes:
- Liquefied petroleum gas (LPG)
- LPG heaters and burners for poultry
- Supply and installation of commercial static LPG tanks
- Installation of gas pipelines for restaurants, shopping malls and industrial applications
Ogaz Zambia domestic products
LPG is used in the home for lighting and cooking. The heat can be controlled to suit individual needs and it is more convenient and responsive than electricity and charcoal. The domestic sector is one of the most popular applications for LPG with almost 47% of the global demand for LPG coming from residential cooking and heating demands. The company’s domestic products include:
- Gas cylinders in different sizes (6kg, 9kg, 14kg, 19kg and 45kg)
- Gas stoves
- High pressure regulators
- Domestic regulators
- Valves and high pressure hoses
Advantages of using LPG
- Because of its versatility, LPG has more than 1,000 applications: it is used in transportation, commercial business, industry, farming, domestic heating and cooking, as well as recreational purposes.
- LPG can be easily transported and stored
- LPG does not require a fixed network and will not deteriorate over time
- LPG is very clean when burning and has lower greenhouse gas emissions than any other fossil fuel when measured on a total fuel cycle
- LPG is non-toxic and does not contaminate soil or aquifers in the event of a leak
- LPG is cost-effective, since a high proportion of its energy content is converted into heat. LPG is five times more efficient than traditional fuels, resulting in less energy wastage and better use of our planet’s resources.
LPG is a clean energy solution which emits 50% less carbon dioxide emissions than coal and 20% less than heating oil, making it ideal for use in heating and cooking. LPG also improves both indoor and outdoor air quality by substantially reducing pollutants which are hazardous to health such as SOx, NOx and particulate matter.