Primary school in Solwezi, Zambia
- Quality primary school classes
- Cambridge Curriculum for literacy, numeracy and science
- Access to sustained, first class teaching
Trident Preparatory School Solwezi is a multi-cultural, co-educational primary school situated in the heart of the community. The school provides excellent teaching and learning, with a value system that is firmly based in a Christian ethos.
At Trident Preparatory School Solwezi , the children love to learning, therefore the school fosters this love of learning through a broad curricula. The Cambridge International primary Curriculum covers the knowledge and skills needed for literacy, numeracy and science. The International Primary Curriculum covers the other subjects, through a cross-curricular topic based approach. The focus is on skills acquisition through enquiry, investigation and teamwork.
- Key Stage One – in these years Trident Preparatory School Solwezi build on the learning done in the Early Years department and children begin to learn in a more formal way. They continue to learn French, music, art and do PE with the specialist subject teachers.
- Key Stage Two – this phase consists of year 3, 4, 5 and 6. In these year groups children can expect to learn through enquiry, investigation and collaboration with their peers. Literacy and numeracy lessons are skills based and are reinforced through a weekly homework menu. They will have a choice to complete everything that is on the menu during the course of a week.
Trident Preparatory School Solwezi are a one form entry school and class sizes range from 7 to 26.
The idea of thinking of others before oneself is embedded into the curriculum. Through the teaching of tolerance, respect and understanding the school celebrates a wonderful diversity of cultures. Trident Preparatory School Solwezi aims to equip children, not only with an excellent academic grounding, but also with qualities of character to see them through their lives beyond school.
Among, Trident Preparatory School Solwezi’s greatest achievement is the ability to help pupils discover their own passion and interests that add a new dimension to their lives. The school has quality teachers in every year group supporting and extending the learning for all pupils.
Trident Preparatory School Solwezi offers boarding on the Trident College site with a junior boarding master who lives on site and interacts with the prep boarders on a daily basis.