Are you ready for the 2nd R&G Touch Rugby Tournament?
After the incredible success in 2017 and the continual growth of Touch Rugby in Zambia, R&G is bringing back the tournament!
It’s one thing getting together and playing weekly with your mates at your local club, but how about putting together a squad and competing against other local teams on the same stage as full contact players at the Zambia International 7s Rugby Tournament!?
R&G has tweaked the rules slightly after seeing so many players’ fitness levels were slightly below that of Olympic athletes. R&G noticed a few players were struggling to maintain consciousness due to either heart/body failure or dehydration by trying to play on a full rugby field for the first time since they left high school. For the interest of safety for all participants, R&G feels the below adjustments will be a relief for all.
The number of players on the field to 8 (from 7) and the size of the squad has been increased to 12 (from 10) to allow for more subs.
If you would like to take part, please take a look at the details below:
1. Entry fee gives players access to both days and after party
2. Entry fee to be paid by 14th August 2017 including team registration.
3. Touch Rugby Tournament to be played on the same field as the main International 7s tournament.
4. Entry includes 2 cases of water and 12 t-shirts per team. T-shirt colours are on a first come first served basis. No two teams can book the same colour t-shirt. T-Shirt colours are subject to availability.
5. Should teams require extra t-shirts for family and supporters they will be available at K60 each.
6. Team may brand the back of their t-shirts as they see fit. No sponsors permitted that clash with the main sponsors of the Zambia International Rugby tournament.
7. Teams requesting additional branding at the back of the t-shirt will get preferential pricing at R&G Printing.
8. Winning team will win 5 cases of Windhoek Draught.
9. Runner up will win 2 cases of Windhoek Draught.
Basic Game Rules:
1. Maximum two groups of 5 teams – 3 group games played on day 1 and 4th group game played on day 2.
2. Top 2 teams proceed to semi-final, bottom 3 teams knocked out.
3. Tournament Rules to be adhered to – see PDF file
4. 7 minutes a half with 1 minute half time break.
5. Late arrival of team on site will forfeit game.
6. Team of 12 players.
7. Teams must have 7 men and 1 woman/Vet on the field at any one time.
8. Woman or Vet (person over 60 or Child under 10) gets two points for a Try. Men get one point for a try.
9. One player must be nominated as Team Manager.
10. Note: Rules subject to change up 1 week before event day and final group format will be confirmed on final number of teams registered.
11. Disciplinary committee has final say and correspondence will be entered into.
To take part and register your team, please email to R&G events receive the registration form.
R&G looks forward to seeing you there! May the best team win!