Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (ZANACO) is inviting applications from suitably
qualified members of staff with relevant experience for the following job aimed at
contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Operations Division under the
Facilities and Premises Department to be based at Head Office:-
• Job Purpose The key function of this role entails working with the Relationship Managers to deepen the wallet share of existing Customer Relationships as well as developing new relationships with a view of driving revenue and market share growth. This will be achieved by pro- actively assessing credit risk of assigned portfolio/accounts with a view to minimising loss and maximising Risk Adjusted Revenues through the Credit Review process and presentation to the approving authority for approval. Under the supervision of the Head Commercial Banking and Head Corporate Agriculture respectively, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
• Actively participate in the preparation of the credit applications of customers and in overall monitoring and control of the quality of the portfolio of borrowing customers.
• Analyse customers’ risk using credit skills, ratio analysis, cash flow projections using the Bank’s provided platforms, evaluation of parent support policies, credit grading and judgment of management and strategy
• The job holder will provide support to the Relationship Manager in ensuring that all aspects of the control framework are adhered to.
• Assist with preparation and update of Early Warning List customer records and participate in the customer high – medium /low risk remediation exercise.
• Act as liaison for Risk Management information purposes with customers, accountants, lawyers and any other relevant people.
• Jointly structure facilities with Relationship Managers to meet individual client’s needs with a view to maximising earnings and minimising risk and bad debts.
• To understand customer needs and inherent credit risk and act upon them.
• Carry out research work and analyse market information so as to counter competitive pressures. To ensure that all credit facilities conform to internal Credit Policy and regulatory guidelines.
• Monitoring of credit quality and risk with the Relationship Manager by highlighting early warning signs of credit deterioration.
• Obtaining and analysis of financial statements and raising appropriate concerns.
• Recommending minimum pricing ranges/ risk margins using existing tools.
• Audit preparedness at all times and prompt co-operation with regulators and internal auditors where we have been inspected by regulators/internal audit.
• Internal/External Contact
• External: Customers/Clients, Local Regulators on statutory matters.
• Internal: All Divisions
• Degree in Economics, Finance, Sales or Marketing or equivalent
• Three (3) years banking experience
• Proven ability to instigate changes in customer operating habits influencing the way they work to achieve mutual benefit
• Ability to work in fast paced changing environment
• Proven questioning and analytical skills
• Proven problem solving and decision making skills for complex queries
• Job Core Competencies
• Verbal and written communication
• Delighting customers
• Persuading and selling
• Drive for results
• Analytical thinking
• Team work
How to apply
All applications MUST have an application/cover letter, copies of qualification certificates including Grade 12 and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email: