First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do. In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents. With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
• Instilling a culture of continuous improvement as opposed to maintaining status quo. Instill a sense of urgency to the team at all levels to respond to the equipment rebuild schedule in an acceptable manner.
• Up-skilling the available labour force so that the resource overall skill level matched the scheduling requirements.
• Ensure that equipment rebuilds are carried out to an acceptable level and followed up on to remove surprise major breakdowns.
• Following through on the rotable component repairs ensuring inventory reflects the needs of the mining fleet and the equipment rebuild program.
• Ensuring that the FQM Way and Safety awareness message is well understood and accepted as the way we do work.
• A minimum of appropriate Trade certification and experience with heavy mining equipment including large mining equipment.
• A qualified supervisor or senior maintenance leader.
Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of 8-10 years in a maintenance role.
• At least 5 years in a senior supervisory role.
• Experience in mining or other heavy industry.
• Bolder, smarter, driven.
• Ability to mentor subordinates.
• Sound planning, analytical and problem solving.
How to apply
Submit an application later to the link below: