Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Senior Community Relations Officer.
Reporting to the Community Relations Coordinator, you will Enhance the development and implementation of community relations management systems, communication tools, stakeholder engagement, research and analysis to keep project operations abreast with current and emerging social impacts and risks for promotion of strong stakeholder relationships.
• Supervising the development and implementation of CR management systems and Social Monitoring, Evaluation, and information/communication systems
• Supervising the development and implementation of tools that support Community Relations (Sustainability) communication Strategy
• Providing expert support to Community Relations (Sustainability) through provision of effective and accurate communication and reports intended for various audiences including internal and external stakeholders
• Providing expert support to Community Relation’s Annual Strategic Communication Plan by providing adequate input into the development of activities, priorities and objectives through the development and implementation of action plans
• Supervising stakeholder engagement and community liaison to build, foster and maintain relationships with various stakeholders and keep an updated stakeholder database to help identify engagement and other related opportunities
• Provide oversight and manage the office of Grievance Officer and the Community Relations Officer- Health
• Conducting regular research and analysis to keep the project operations abreast with the current and emerging trends regarding social impacts and risks
• Conducting regular monitoring and evaluation to measure the success and effectiveness of LMC’s Community Relations (Sustainability) programming
• Timely Review and consolidate the Community Relations reports for submission to Community Relations Coordinator
• Providing adequate and timely logistical support to multiple events such as commemorative events, community meetings and public events
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work/ Development studies.
• Three (3) experience in Community related work and Stakeholder engagement programs.
• Good understanding of local customs and practice.
• Good understanding of expectations of the community in the area.
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels including internal and community stakeholders
• Strong local cultural understanding and adaptation
• Ability to show initiative and have good interpersonal skills.
• Must have a current driver’s license.
• Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
• Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
• If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’
• Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: