Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Divisionunder the Products and Channels Department to be based at Head Office:-
• Responsible for product related projects for bancassurance channel and provides on-going support in product roll outs as per the requirements of the projects in parallel with the overall business strategy
Under the supervision of the Head – Product Management, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
• To lead the development and implementation of new product initiatives and product enhancement for bancassurance channel. Oversee and manage launch schedule of new products and projects.
• To collaborate with bank partners and internal parties in product planning, design and product development process to ensure product initiatives and related supports are delivered effectively and efficiently.
• To manage both internal and external stakeholders to ensure technology infrastructure and operational processes are able to support timely and successful launch of products according to agreed plan.
• To support on-going products such as product reviews, sales campaign support along with business partners.
• To participate in the formulation of product strategies and prioritization of product initiatives particularly for bancassurance channel.
• To lead, motivate and develop team members and collaborate with other teams on joint initiatives.
• External: Service providers, e.g. life assurance companies.
• Internal: All Divisions
• A University degree in a relevant discipline
• Relevant certifications in an insurance related field
• Minimum 8 years of experience in insurance or banking industry with at least 3 years at supervisory level
• Experience in Life Insurance product development, particularly in bancassurance is beneficial.
• Willingness to offer expertise to create new products or solutions.
• Ability to leverage key relationships and build networks to work effectively and deliver results.
• Strong project management and organisational skills, exceptional communication skills, considers diverse perspectives and uses tact to build support of own ideas.
• Team player, passionate, mature and independent in driving and handling counterparts.
• Ability to facilitate attainment of mutual agreement by communicating with diplomacy and tact, and gain commitment to decisions made.
• Strong presentation and problem solving skills.
• Efficient MS application input.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Maintains commitment to goals and measures own work to track progress while identifying and resolving challenges.
Job Core Competencies
• Positive attitude.
• Team player.
• Efficient time management.
• Ambitious and energetic, able to get things done.
• Strong knowledge of bank products and channels.
• Understand product and channel market demands.
• Confident and resilient.
• Excellent communicator and motivator.
• Natural leader with strong influencing skills.
• Strategic analysis.
• Maturity and credibility.
• Ability to understand and interpret customer needs.
How to apply
Send applications MUST have an application/cover letter, copies of qualification certificates including Grade 12 and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email: