Zambia National Commercial Bank (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Divisionunder the Products and Channels Department to be based at Head Office:-
• To analyze the performance of products and segments managed by the Products and Channels department.
• To conduct targeted market segments analysis and liaise with product specialists for the purpose of ensuring that appropriate products are offered to the right segments and demographics.
• To work closely with business analysts and product specialists in establishing and analyzing projected costs for new products (including development costs, research costs, production and marketing costs).
• To create mathematical representations of product costs and revenue, to aid the understanding of how and when to introduce new products on the market.
Under the supervision of the Product Performance and Analysis Senior Specialist, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
• Responsible for measuring and monitoring the product or service’s performance as well as presenting product-related consumer, market, and competitive intelligence to the Senior Product Analyst.
• Responsible for the development and delivery of tangible customer benefits through effective product analytics.
• Responsible for the development of product analysis methodology, innovation, and marketplace outcome projections, as well as product culture development.
• Responsible for formulating ways in which to package and market products in such a way that they become differentiated, compelling, easy to sell, and easy to buy.
• Responsible for identifying and managing the on-going rationalization of the business products in order to ensure that there is efficiency and effectiveness in product management.
• Responsible for responding in a timely manner to all requests and enquiries for product information or changes.
• Perform the initial product analysis in order to assess the need for any requested changes as well as their potential impact.
• Undertake financial modelling on the products or services of the business as well as of the target markets in order to bring about an understanding of the relations between the product and the target market.
• Present product information to Product Specialists and other stakeholders, when necessary.
• Produce reports and make recommendations to Product Specialists and Marketing team to be used as guidance in decision making pertinent to the business’s new as well as existing products.
• Responsible for monitoring the market, competitor activities, as well as any price movements and make recommendations that will be used in key decision making.
• Liaise with other departments, such as the IT department, and the business in order to enhance and increase the efficiency of effecting price changes in accordance with market shifts.
• Drive consumer intelligence through the development of external and internal data sources that improve the business’s understanding of the product’s market, competitor activities, and consumer activities.
• Provide data in an effort to enable fact-based decisions that direct product management endeavors.
• Develop or adopt research tools, sources, and methods that further support and contribute to product management and market intelligence.
• Ensure that there is compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, and ethics with the support of both the internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensure that third parties are in compliance and are familiar with all business processes and policies.
• Contribute to the work environment of the Product Management team, which drives the product’s performance.
• To positively energize and challenge the product management team members (including peers and superiors).
• Ensure good communication flow by actively participating in team meetings and keeping everyone up to date.
• External: Service providers, e.g. software and hardware suppliers, Telcos, etc
• Internal: All Divisions.
• A degree in Business or Finance or the equivalent with functional experience.
• Professional: Certifications in Data Analytics or similar
• Minimum Experience: At least five (5) years analysis experience inclusive of experience in: banking or financial, technical product analytics and performance management.
• A proven track record in the use of quantitative analysis to impact key product decisions
• Must have great creative, visionary, and critical thinking skills. In addition to these, the candidate must also possess excellent problem solving skills.
• Must have exceptional organizational skills, have great time management skills, be able to prioritize, be detail oriented, and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Demonstrate concrete understanding of common statistical methods and applications such as experimentation, regression, and probabilities.
• Familiarity with international best practices and global trends in the sector.
• Extremely proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Knowledge of legal and regulatory issues typical for country banking system.
• Knowledge and ability to understand main aspects of a financial institution’s operations.
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
• Must possess excellent skills in written and verbal communication
• Must be motivated and proactive, constantly taking initiative to learn emerging market research skills and tools that will increase his/her efficiency in the performance of his duties.
Job Core Competencies
• Positive attitude
• Team player
• Efficient Time management.
• Ambitious and energetic, able to get things done.
• Strong knowledge of bank products and channels
• Understand product and channel market demands
• Confident and resilient.
• Excellent communicator and motivator.
• Natural leader with strong influencing skills.
• Strategic analysis
• Maturity and credibility.
• Ability to understand and interpret customer needs.
How to apply
Send applications MUST have an application/cover letter, copies of qualification certificates including Grade 12 and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email: to
7th February, 2018.