Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Divisionunder the Products and Channels Department to be based at Head Office:-
• To lead the Transaction Products team and be responsible for transaction product management and new transaction product development for all customer segments of Zanaco with a view of improving customer experience with the Bank while maintaining established controls and processes.
• To drive the department’s transaction product development and management agenda. Under the supervision of the Head Products Management, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
• To manage the entire transaction product portfolio life cycle from new product development to review and monitoring.
• To manage a team of high performance transaction Product Managers.
• To identify market requirements for current and future products in liaison with stakeholder departments.
• To develop and manage a transaction products go-to-market plan, working with all stakeholder departments to execute.
• To maximize business value from transaction products, optimizing transaction products to achieve the business goals while maximizing return on investment.
• To work with sales, marketing, channels and innovation teams to identify and understand needs and opportunities.
• To analyze customer and end-user engagement metrics and make data-driven decisions about future transaction product improvements.
• To understand customers current and anticipate their future transaction needs through regular interaction with relevant stakeholders.
• To recommend new transaction products to develop, and existing transaction products to decommission based on customer needs analysis and transaction product performance reviews.
• To work closely with the marketing and sales teams to ensure the successful adoption of new transaction product features and functionality
• To translate business needs into requirements, drive consensus, including developing transaction product success metrics.
• To identify and conduct interactions with external transaction products stakeholders and key opinion formers
• To provide input in discussions and decisions around product development options (i.e. buy vs build vs outsource/partner)
• To attend key product events and keep abreast of all relevant competitor activities as well as transaction product reports and findings
• To manage all aspects of the department's policies, objectives and initiatives that relate to transaction products
• To work in close collaboration with stakeholder departments to optimize transaction products delivery through the Bank’s channels and give them the necessary promotions
• Any other duties that will be assigned by management
• Internal/External Contacts External: Customers, third party service providers
• Internal: All Divisions
• Grade 12, Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
• University Degree in a relevant subject.
• Five (5) years in marketing product development and/or sales.
• Knowledge of banking practices and operations, the external environment and regulatory environment.
• Knowledge of the local market, customers and competitors.
• Proven ability to work with a larger cross-functional team.
• Experience in financial services and ability to learn fast.
• Job Core Competencies
• Positive attitude
• Team player
• Efficient time management
• Strong knowledge of bank products and channels
• Understanding of product and channel market demands
• Cross selling abilities
• Excellent communicator and motivator
• Ability to understand and interpret customer needs
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
How to apply
Send applications MUST have an application/cover letter, copies of qualification certificates including Grade 12 and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email: