Chambeshi Water and Sewerage Company Ltd (ChWSC), is the utility Company based in Northern and Muchinga Provinces of Zambia and in charge of providing water and sewerage services to the 12 districts. As a Company, we are the implementing agency of the National Vision with regard to water and sanitation in the urban towns of Muchinga and Northern Provinces. Our vision is “To be the most effectively managed utility in Zambia” by focusing on ensuring that our customers are delighted with the quality of our services. The National Vision with regard to water and sanitation is that 80% of Urban Zambians should have access to adequate and safe water by 2015 and 100% by 2030, while 68% of Urban Zambians must have access to adequate sanitation by 2015 and 90% by 2030. In order to achieve this vision, the Ministry of Local Government and Housing then developed and started implementing the National Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Program (NUWSSP). This program has continued under the newly established Ministry of Water Development, Sanitation and Environmental Protection. The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following vacancies:
To ensure that high quality standards of quality control are maintained on the project.
• To ensure that consistently high standards of quality control and supervision is maintained for the water project, via site visits, assessing project implementation.
• To act on behalf of the company by under taking audits of the engineering services .this will involve visiting sites, checking service work against the schedule and liasing with the officer in charge (DM) at the establishment and feedback of information/problems.
• Ensure that current knowledge of standards methods of installation and health and safety knowledge is up to date using all appropriate means including reading, and study of water network.
• To provide a service at all times to the company by ensuring that standards of work and the materials supplied by the contractors area as specified in accordance with the contract information.
• To act on behalf of the company in respect of site problems and defects in works under construction.
• To advise the engineering team on standards of quality, finish and compliance with specifications, having due regard to the requirements of the contract.
• To participate in arrangements for feedback of information from construction projects.
• To advise designers on the practical aspects of engineering installations, to ensure the soundness and practicability of design proposals.
• To monitor the performance of the contractor and to ensure that engineering installations are constructed in accordance with drawings and specifications.
• To provide feedback on the performance of the contractor on a daily basis.
• To attend and report to pre-contract and site meetings.
• To identify technical problems on site, to recommend corrective action and to issue clerk of work’s direction as authorised by the supervising officer.
• To witness testing, commissioning and balancing of engineering installations.
• To prepare schedules of defects and to certify rectification of snagging items.
• To undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the position.
• Diploma in Civil or Mechanical Engineering from a recognised institution
• At least 5 years practical experience in similar works with traceable references
• Registered Engineer with the Engineering institute of Zambia (EIZ)
• Qualification in Property Maintenance and Project Management will be an added advantage
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High proficiency in understanding and interpreting Legal terms and conditions stated in the contract
• Ability to conduct surveys, collect data and draw conclusions
• Be in possession of a clean Driver’s License
How to apply
Send your CVs and certified copies of your academic and professional qualifications to:
The Managing Director,
Chambeshi Water and Sewerage Company Ltd,
690A Mubanga Chipoya Road,
PO Box 410397,