Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North-Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Mine Trainer - Ancillary Equipment .
Reporting to the Senior Mine Trainer , you will be responsible for assisting in conducting the ancillary equipment training and assessments and in implementation of a comprehensive training programs designed to ensure all Ancillary operators are given the tools to achieve excellence in the mine equipment operation Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
• Support training compliance with the requirements of LMC BCBED Model
• Define and identify the training needs as per the organizational requirements.
• Support the compliance to the Operator Competency Scorecard.
• Indirectly minimise costs through efficient training of employees by providing expertise, resources and services.
• Report and document all training paper work pertaining to management of IQA systems for capturing and storing training
• Assist the Senior Mine Trainer to develop continuous improvement training methods and communicate accordingly.
• Assist with incident investigations as and when required.
• Assist in Development, implementation and maintaining safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness. Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
• Be visible in the workplace
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Certificate IV in training.
• Significant experience (5 years) operating mining equipment.
• Experience in training and development of operators in Ancillary equipment operations of open pit mining.
• M ust have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
• Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas
• Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
• Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: