PRI connects specialist talent with leading employers across multiple industries in the region. Our business strives to have an in-depth knowledge of our markets. We have offices in Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique and South Africa with plans to open offices in other African countries in the future. We have run recruitment drives throughout Africa and have multiple partnerships across the continent.We deliver top talent across a range of industries including Banking and Financial Services, Agriculture, Hospitality, Oil & Gas and Mining among many others. PRI offers services in permanent, contract and executive recruitment as well as value added human capital consulting covering areas such as payroll, talent management, training, psychometric and behaviour assessments. OPERATIONS MANAGER - PRODUCTION PLANTS (meat processing) One of our clients an International FMCG food manufacturing company which is into meat processing, is looking for an Operations Manager for their Production Plants
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Operations Manager – Production Plants is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the respective processing plants. Coordinate and develop processes that maximise plant output, safety, quality and productivity.
• To plan, schedule and distribute production in order to meet forecasted sales demands.
• To control inventory of all raw materials, packaging materials, to ensure continuous production.
• To control the production process to maximize production efficiency while meeting standard operating procedures and respecting the company quality assurance policy.
• To look for ways to improve production capacity and efficiency and to reduce production costs.
• To manage staff discipline, staff performance, and develop skills of staff
• To optimize product quality to ensure that products meet laid down product specification and quality standards.
• To ensure rules, regulations and good practice with regard to all aspects of food manufacture, food hygiene, and health and safety are consistently enforced.
• To control the plant maintenance, machinery & inventory and implement programs to optimize these functions. To ensure the hygiene & cleanliness of the factory and surrounding area.
• To develop an accurate manpower plan, recruitment plan and retention plan for the entire factory employees.
• To perform any other duties assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
• Eight 8 years’ experience at a similar level in an FMCG food manufacturing business - ideally in the meat processing industry
• High level of food safety knowledge
• Demonstrated ability in process improvement
• Experience leading a team and developing a positive workplace culture
• Computer Literacy ( i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Valid driver’s licence
• In-country business travel will be required
How to apply
If you match the above job description and are interested then please send your CV to the email below:
10th February 2018