Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambia Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometers. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia ZCCM — Investments Holdings (20%). The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45,000 tonnes of contained copper and wili employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consist of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, floatation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45.000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia. Lubambe Copper Mine Ltd requires the services of a qualified and motivated persons to fill the following vacancies:
• This position will report to the Business Analyst
• The position involves compiling business statistical information and providing timely financial data to the Busness Analyst and other Managers so that they can make day-to- day and short-term decisions and business forecast The new position will prowde direct leadership to departmental Cost Analysts’ team to enable a strong cost focus across their business processes by identifying areas of cost hemorrhage, efficiencies and opportunities for their business units.
• Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Lead the cost accounting function.
• Assist prepare the management reports for management and Corporate Office.
• Analyse financial information to prepare well-reasoned cost and other financial reports.
• Prepare and present in-depth variance analysis on monthly costs, and make recommendations based on the implementation of such analysis
• Supervise the Cost Analysts on the input and handling of financial data and reports for the departments.
• Review accounting entries and the ledger for accuracy and cornpleteness.
• Continuous cost analysis and implement budgetary control systems.
• Implementation and maintain the: fixed and variable costing reports life costing system , cost per functional location.
• Assist the Business Analyst in coordinating information for corporate reporting requirements and undertake any other duties as assigned from time to time by finance management and departmental officials.
• A self-starter and able to work under minimum supervision.
• Good leadership skills. team and result oriented individual,
• Good communication and interpersonal skills,
• Innovative thinking and pro-activeness by having an insight and well-reasoned action Steps accompanying an reports to management
• Excellent analytical skills and strong ability to quickly Pick up and understand operational issues on business.
• Ability to identify areas of hemorrhage and suggest value creation initiatives for remedial actions.
• Ability to produce quick tumaround on urgent requests and ability create capacity to handle multiple work items.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages e g. Excel. word etc a must
• Asound understanding of ERP functionalities specifically Delta a must
• Certification (full ZICA / ACCA / CIMA) or Bachelor’s Degree Related to Financial discipline,
• Eight 8 years’ experience at a senior level in preferably a mining industry.
• If you are results oriented, self-motivated and wish to be part of fulfilling the Lubambe Copper Mine
How to apply
Send your CV to the email below: