First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do. In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents. With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
• Responsible for daily monitoring of construction sites.
• Responsible for site safety of all contractors.
• Submitting a monthly report.
• Provide technical assistance and knowledge to developing contractors; how to read and interpret BOQ’s and drawings, as well as learning how to quote for works.
• Ensure that all infrastructure works are carried out to a high standard.
• Correspond with various governmental bodies to ensure that inspections and standards are met according to a governmental level.
• Perform any other duties that may be required from time to time.
• Maintain clear records of site visits, trainings and instructions.
• Responsible for the servicing and maintenance records of provided transport.
• Be willing to teach and develop others.
Candidate must have a relevant qualification in construction supervision at ground level.
Five (5) years practical experience in their relevant field of training.
Must be fluent in both English and Lunda (Kikaonde considered).
Light vehicle license (up to 3 ton).
• Must have excellent leadership qualities
• Be interested and passionate about the development of communities and individuals.
• Must be prepared to work outside the office in all types of weather, and be prepared to spend majority of time on the various sites (job is not office based).
• Must have the ability to take initiative.
• Must be able to work outside normal hours when it is required.
• Be diligent, have integrity, be hardworking and honest.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience in a supervisory role.
• Microsoft Office a must.
• Microsoft Excel a must.
• Microsoft Outlook a must.
• Excellent communication skills.
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: