First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do. In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents. With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
• The position holder will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
• Oversee the daily activities of the Golf Club, including the kitchen, front-of-house and bar areas
• Ensure raw and cooked food products are of a high quality.
• Monitor and coach employees in sanitation practices to ensure that standards and regulations are met.
• Ensure stock levels and purchases are maintained at required levels by implementing re-order levels.
• Oversee financial and accounts systems at the Golf Club
• Design and implement methods to improve security at the Golf Club
• Co-ordinate pre-arranged functions and events at the Golf Club
• Supervise and coordinate activities of chefs or workers engaged in food preparation.
• Inspect supplies, equipment and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
• Ensure a high quality of food presentation and implement new and improved menus including healthy lifestyle options as well as fine dining.
• Maintain a zero operating budget with regards to income and expenditure.
• Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an ongoing basis with a particular focus on Zambian employees
• Other duties as directed by the Supervisor
• Minimum of a National Diploma in Food Management / Preparation
• Course / program in business management / administration will be an advantage
• Six (6) years relevant experience in the hospitality industry with at least 2 of those years in a supervisory role.
• Operational Requirements
• Exposure to heat
• Working in confined spaces
• Overtime and shift work where required
• Flexible working hours in line with hospitality industry
• Computer literacy
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: