DuPont Pioneer Zambia Ltd. Want to make a difference in our world by meeting the challenges of feeding and powering a growing planet? Enjoy a challenging and fulfilling career with an international employer. Pioneer Hi-Bred International has business operations in more than 90 countries, and is committed to increasing food production with high quality Pioneer brand products and agronomic knowledge that maximizes agricultural productivity. By combining conventional and advanced plant genetics, Pioneer is delivering solutions to help meet the needs of a growing population’s demand for agricultural seed.
The sales representative is responsible for the overall development and management of a sales territory to achieve annual sales plans. Aligned with country l and company goals, the sales representative is responsible for selling and servicing Seeds or Crop Protection products and will continually develop a customer network directly, or a business partner network to jointly target customers who possess a long-term sustainable business.
• Responsible to recruit, train, develop and motivate a customer network within the territory aimed at increasing/retaining sales volume. Responsible to identify and build relationships with key growers and business partners with the intent to help customers understand the benefits, positioning and placement of hybrids, varieties, traits and crop protection products offered.
• Manage current customers and achieve sales goals in the assigned territory in support of the business strategy and marketing plan
• Build and continually develop an engaged customer and business partner network.
• Actively engage the larger selling team including agronomy and field science, nutrition, market developers, and account management to identify and satisfy dealer and grower needs.
• Implement the go-to market strategy at the dealer and grower level. Track progress using key metrics to continually improve implementation.
• Build relationships with key customers and prospects to increase the sales of products in the assigned territory
• Manage quality orders aligned to a customer, control returns and support shipping activities
• Effectively communicate customer benefits through a good technical understanding of the product line
• Actively promote the benefits of marketing programs and provide feedback to marketing on customer response
• Stay informed on local market trends, customer needs, competitive products, programs and pricing structures and provide ongoing feedback to sales and marketing teams
• Work collaboratively with business partners, field scientists/agronomists/nutritionists and account managers to team sell and deliver value
• Professionally conduct meetings with business partners and grower customers/prospects
• Effectively and proactively manage customer service calls and/or complaints
• Manage expense budgets and marketing programs with fiduciary and ethical responsibility
• Provide timely product forecasts for the assigned territory through an understanding of local customer needs, working with reselling dealers and collaboration with local agronomists on current and new products in the portfolio
• Conduct business in a safe and ethical manner. Maintain company vehicle and records properly, maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Perform other duties as required
• Coordinate promotors agent activity for its territory
• Conduct all activities with a high level of professionalism and represent the company each day in a manner that is ethical, respectful and would reflect positively on the company and the Ag industry.
• Must be prepared to travel extensively
Qualification and Experiences
• Bachelor degree in agriculture
• Work experience: Five (5) years in crop protection or related discipline
• Driving license
• Computer skill
• Good communication skill and experience of working with customers and stakeholders
• Team work
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: