PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health. PATH has been working in support of the Zambia Ministry of Health since 2004. The Zambia Country Program portfolio includes projects across priority health programs such as malaria, nutrition and immunization as well as policy and advocacy with funding from USAID and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. With a staff compliment of over 100, the PATH Zambia office is fast growing and the second largest office in Africa. PATH is seeking to recruit a Finance Assistant to assist in the functions of the finance unit for the Zambia Office. The Finance Officer will work under the direction of the Finance Manager and closely with Zambia operations group. PATH Zambia maintains a centralized accounting system that supports all the six plus projects.
• Assist in the posting of entries in accounting system.
• Assist in the reconciliation of monthly bank reconciliations.
• Process online payments on the banking platform.
• Write cheques.
• Downloading proofs of payment from banking platform and send to projects.
• Act as a backup bank agent.
• Assist to compile and submit documentation for statutory obligations.
• Assist to maintain files for statutory obligations.
• Keep records of approved monthly bank reconciliations.
• Retrieve relevant financial documents, as required.
• Scanning of financial documents and upload the approved lot onto the Box (SharePoint).
• Partly qualified ZICA, ACCA, or CIMA.
• Work experience with NGOs or international organizations will be added advantage.
• Must have valid ZICA Membership
• Must be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of Zambian taxation system.
• Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations is a plus.
• Proficiency with common accounting packages.
• An eye for detail.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Demonstrated excellent personal organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a busywork environment.
• MS Office computer skills is essential.
• Must have legal Authorisation to work in Zambia
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: