Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.In Zambia, Palladium is implementing the USAID District Coverage of Health Services Project (USAID DISCOVER-Health). The project aims to ensure equitable access to and use of high quality health services and products at the district and community levels. DISCOVER-Health will implement a market-based approach that works across the public, social marketing and commercial sectors to target all consumer markets. In doing so, the project will work with the Government of the Republic of Zambia and other stakeholders at the national, provincial and district levels to be strategic partners and stewards to ensure a conducive policy environment for a total market approach. Palladium will conduct and use market-based research to define market segments so that messages, services and products can be appropriately targeted and to ensure that strategic partnerships are created to grow and sustain the overall health market in Zambia.
• Palladium is hiring a Market Data Specialist for the DISCOVER-Health project in Zambia
• The Market Data Specialist will support monitoring and evaluation activities related to the project?s social marketing activities
• The Market Data Specialist will report to the Social Marketing & Consumer Research Senior Manager and will work closely with other senior social marketing staff and in coordination with the Social Marketing Research Specialist
Key Responsibilities Responsibilities
• In collaboration with the social marketing and research teams, develop and oversee daily administration of a cutting edge M&E system/database to collect consumer, retail and other data for business analytics, advanced program optimization and periodic reporting to senior project leadership.
• Manage data dashboards and presentations for decision making by project teams, government and private sector counterparts, USAID and others.
• Coordinate with project staff (including Regional Social Marketing Coordinators and National Sales Manager) to ensure that efficient reporting procedures are established related to product sales.
• Support M&E training and orientation for project staff as needed to ensure effective and efficient reporting from field social marketing activities; conduct follow-up activities with regional staff to ensure reporting is completed on time.
• Proactively identify key program areas for further monitoring and/or analysis to better inform program implementation.
• Prepare regular M&E reports for senior leadership.
• Draft and contribute to project reports and presentations as requested.
• Other activities as requested by project leadership.
Qualifications (required & preferred)
• Degree/Diploma in a related field (Public Health, Management or other).
• At least 3-5 years of monitoring and evaluation experience; experience working on USAID-funded programs a plus.
• Experience working on social marketing and/or sales programs a plus.
• Experience designing and maintaining M&E databases preferred.
• Proficiency in English at minimum USG FSI-III level or equivalent required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; comfortable working independently and in a team.
• Only Zambian nationals will be considered.
How to apply
Submit your CV through the Palladium International Careers Page: