Barrick Lumwana Mining Company Ltd (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Mine Trainer – Drill Equipment.
Reporting to the Senior Mine Trainer – Drill Equipment, you will be responsible for assisting the in conducting the Drill training and assessments and in implementation of a comprehensive training programs designed to ensure all Drill operators are given the tools to achieve excellence in the mine equipment operation.
· Support training compliance with the requirements of LMC BCBED Model
· Define and identify the training needs as per the organisational requirements.
· Support the compliance to the Operator Competency Scorecard.
· Indirectly minimize costs through efficient training of employees by providing expertise, resources and services.
· Report and document all training paper work pertaining to management of IQA systems for capturing and storing training
· Support in the Implementation and development of facilitator’s manuals, capability assessments, workplace competency assessments.
· Assist with incident investigations as and when required.
· Assist in Development, implementation and maintaining safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness. Promote and comply with the LMC Occupational Health & Safety Policy.
· Train and Assess Drill equipment operators
· Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
· Support the development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
· Be visible in the workplace.
Experience & Qualifications
· Certificate IV in training/Assessor or any other relevant field
· Certificate in Drill operation
· Must have a current Driver’s license.
· Minimum 5 years operating mining equipment.
· Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
· Competent in incident/accident investigation
· Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
· High level understanding of all relevant legislation affecting the employment and safety of persons in the mining industry in Zambia.
· Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .e
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: