Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives. Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview And Role
Palladium seeks a Senior Nutrition Evaluation Advisor based in Lusaka, Zambia for an anticipated USAID-funded nutrition evaluation and research award. The purpose of the award is to evaluate population-level changes in child stunting across 30 districts in Zambia, as well as additional outcome-level research, performance audits and ongoing operations research of a large nutrition project.
· Lead/contribute to research design, including writing research protocols, proposing new research topics and submitting protocols to relevant ethics committees;
· Lead / contribute to implementation and quality assurance of primary data collection including supporting local data collection firms in electronic data collection;
· Lead/contribute to original quantitative analyses and secondary data analysis;
· Lead / contribute to efforts to improve use of evaluation findings at national, sub-national and project levels;
· Build capacity in evaluation design, data collection, analysis and use through training workshops, coaching and mentoring;
· Work with multiple staff, partners and donors, based in different locations globally, to achieve goals
· Master's degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Health, Nutrition, Public Policy/Administration or related field;
· Eight (8) years professional experience in evaluation and research of USAID funded public health programs, with a preference for experience in nutrition, maternal child health, water and sanitation, agriculture, OVC, and other vulnerable populations or related field
· Demonstrated experience conducting impact evaluations, including familiarity with sampling techniques for impact evaluations;
· Clear experience in assessing and improving data quality in primary data collection using electronic data collection methods;
· Strong data analysis skills, including mastery of quantitative data analysis software such as STATA or SPSS knowledge of qualitative data analysis a plus
· Familiarity with nutrition interventions, preferably within the Zambia context or other countries in the region;
· Demonstrated skills in capacity building through technical assistance and coaching. This includes strong skills in public speaking, and delivering trainings and workshops;
· Experience in strengthening the demand for data and facilitating the use of information in the decision-making process;
· Demonstrated experience in project management, with budget and staff management experience
· Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a limited timeframe;
· Ability to bring together colleagues and external stakeholders diplomatically and effectively;
· Willingness to travel throughout Zambia.
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: