Standard Chartered Bank Job Listing in is recruiting the following position:
Leading the way in International Banking
Standard Chartered is one of the world's most dynamic and exciting international banks
Once you have joined the team, we offer many opportunities to expand and grow your career
• To drive and ensure delivery of superior performance of the Retail Banking business in Zambia and Southern Africa in accordance with agreed strategic plans and budgets.
• To maximize the growth, quality and profit potential of asset, liability and fee services for the personal financial services market through effective management of marketing mix and available resources in Zambia and Southern Africa
• Drive changes to aggressively attack the competition and meet customer requirements in Zambia and Southern Africa.
• To build a strong culture of sales through service and through the effective implementation and embedding of a strong service focused culture
• To ensure Standard Chartered Bank Zambia represents the Valued Behaviours as a Human Bank which is serving its Purpose
• To develop Retail Banking business in Zambia and Southern Africa through:
• Migration of best practice in relation to products, promotion, pricing, distribution, people, processes and Client experience.
• Co-ordinating development of sound Retail Banking strategies, credit policies, product programmes, HR strategies for Zambia and Southern Africa.
• Establishment of strategies, objectives, plans and budgets and control systems necessary to effectively manage and operate the Retail Banking business in Zambia.
• Production of sound budgets, operating plans and strategic plans consistent with Group and Regional plans and budgets.
• Ensuring a high quality of trained & motivated staff is selected and retained
• Establishing and effectively operating a comprehensive operating and processing capability that will cost effectively meet business requirements
• Ensuring sound marketing plans (including sales management plans and sales targets) are in place.
• Developing and maintaining an effective communication function utilizing advertising and PR to establish a positive, highly visible image for the Bank, to effectively sell the Bank's services, capabilities and image to the public and staff.
• Developing promotional activities by sourcing and adapting appropriate Group materials. Vetting promotional plans prior to printing and launch.
• Assist with product Planning process including new product development and submit for approval by Region/Group.
• Please also specify any Prescribed Responsibilities delegated to this role.
• Directing the Retail strategy and performance in Southern Africa covering Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe as well as managing the existing Mortgage business in the Republic of South Africa.
• Build an in-country and sub regional organisation and management team capable of delivering outstanding performance against competition in Zambia and Southern Africa
· Establish and address an agenda of top issues / opportunities to improve Retail Banking in-country and sub regional performance and growth
· Coach, guide and manage Segment, Product, Clients Relationships and Client Acquisition Heads to ensure they deliver against the ambitious profit and performance goals set by the Group Head of Retail Banking
· Oversee and manage heads of the in-country support functions, to ensure their priorities are effectively aligned with delivering segment and product and Retail Banking in-country strategy
· Lead the Retail Banking top team, to address top issues / opportunities for Retail Banking overall and to ensure effective delivery of outstanding performance for all lines of business
People, Premises, Technology, Finance, Branding and Vendors
• Work to improve the quality and depth of management talent, particularly senior talent, within the country through effective succession planning and talent development.
• Build effective working in country top teams, focused on maximising overall Retail Banking in-country performance and motivated to work collaboratively to resolve issues and raise standards
• Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and valued behaviours. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
• Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
• Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
• Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
• Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
• Responsible for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the business. Understand and comply with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-bribery and corruption, Anti Money-Laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
• Ensure all material risks are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported
• Ensure that known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries and to consistent standards
• Ensure all applicable policies, procedures, limits and other risk control requirements are implemented and complied with
• Align business (or functional) strategy with Risk Tolerance and Appetite and seek to optimise the risk-return profile of the business
• Ensure that applicable external rules and regulations are complied with respond promptly to internal and external events to mitigate any adverse impact to the Group, and report these events in accordance with applicable standards
• Identify and escalate new and emerging risks that could be material to the Group
• Set the right tone for the risk management culture and conduct of the team in internal communications and performance objectives
• Provide leadership in Zambia and Southern Africa to comply with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and practices as defined by internal and external requirements.
• Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
Embedding a Sales Governance culture by approving, controlling and monitoring strategy, annual plans, model mix, scale, costs and risk control
Ensuring adherence to the Direct Sales Management and Risk Policy including standards for customer experience, minimising mis-selling and customer complaints
Regulatory & Business conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead the Southern Africa team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Responsible for Regulatory compliance and compliance of Group policies and guidelines
• To be knowledgeable and implement the Money Laundering Prevention Policy within Retail
• Embed the Group's Valued Behaviours and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture. Lead by example by displaying exemplary conduct behaviours and take personal responsibility for:
• The conduct of individuals in Zambia and Southern Africa ensuring behaviours set out in the Group
• Zambia and Southern Africa achieving the outcomes set out in the Conduct Principals and Pillars.
• Both direct and indirect/dotted line managers are individually accountable to proactively communicate, collaborate and agree on the conduct ratings of employees.
• Embed Human and the Group's purpose and valued behaviours in Zambia and Southern Africa,
• Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
• Training, licenses, memberships and certifications
• Seasoned and engaging professional
• Graduate with at least 10 years work experience
• Demonstrated track record of success gained through broad experience in Retail Banking
• International Banking exposure will be an added advantage
• Detailed knowledge of Group Retail Banking policies, procedures and best practice
• Excellent marketing, operations, systems and people management skills
• Strong commercial awareness and strategic perspective
• Understanding of linkages driving value creation and measurement
• Well developed strategic perspective and forward planning ability
• Analytical and problem solving skills coupled with decision making ability
• Working knowledge of banking products and marketing
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent leadership and team building qualities
• An MBA is an added advantage
How to apply
Send your details to the link below: