First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company. With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world. We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid. First Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia. When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers. Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected reach 280 - 300,000 tonnes per annum.
• Contribute to achieving the Processing production plan by the determination of required analytes in respective plant control samples.
• Carry out any other job assigned by the immediate supervisor
• Closely monitoring the usage of consumables
• Upholding safety
• Coordinate preparation of copper concentrate lot composites for assay at KML site Laboratory.
• Ensure competent & satisfactory operation of the following; Leco, AAS.
• Ensure satisfactory use of LIMS equipment (Thin clients, Label printer, scanners and PDA) and associated consumables (thermal transfer labels and ribbons).
• Manage and maintain good housekeeping of the Instruments room.
• Prioritize workloads and ensure that turnaround time obligations on analysis are met.
• Ensure good communication with co-workers and superiors during shift.
• Ensure good housekeeping in the area of responsibility.
• Maintain discipline in the section.
• To perform any reasonable task as instructed by Shift Chemist/Chief Chemist
• Grade 12 certificate
• Diploma in laboratory science
• Three (3) yrs experience
• Must be a team player.
• Ability to meet work & report targets on time.
• Potential to resolve problems efficiently.
• Must be responsible, focused and self-motivated
How to apply
Send your details to the link below: