First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company. With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world. We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid. First Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia. When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers. Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected reach 280 - 300,000 tonnes per annum.
• Understand and execute accountabilities of legal appointment under Zambian Mining Regulations;
• Ensure that workshop and fabrication equipment is available and well maintained.
• Manage the crews on various tasks both at the Mine Maintenance Workshop and the Mine Pit.
• To lead and guide individuals in their everyday tasks to enhance their skills and broaden their knowledge.
• Develop the Workshop artisans and assist them reach their potential.
• Maintain safety of self, subordinates and others.
• Ensure strict compliance to Health and Safety Standards.
• Ensure all incidents are reported promptly.
• Maintain a very high standard of housekeeping
• Oversee real-time operations to deliver and exceed the KPI’s
• Work collaboratively with other Shift Senior Supervisors to meet set targets
• Ability to read, interpret and follow method statements and procedures. Competent in reading and understanding specifications, drawings, and all other discipline r and engineering documentation.
• Conduct timely, documented and accurate shift handovers – reporting performance KPI’s, tasks performed, equipment status and focus items;
• Ensure team members only conduct activities for which they are trained, competent and authorised to do;
• Continuously track the attendance, location and activity of all team members;
• Manage team manning levels to deliver operational requirements and instructions;
• Immediately address substandard behaviours and performance of team members;
• Control and reduce operational costs;
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor – Boiler making and Fabrication
• Personal sense of equipment ownership and accountability;
• Ability to and passion for leading and supervising people;
• Ability to task assign, follow up and manage;
• Ability to build working relations and coordinate different operating disciplines;
• Ability to work and manage problems/actions across the timeframe of one shift;
• Possess ability to analyse and understand metallurgical & equipment information;
• Good verbal and written communication skills;
• Persistent, diligent and thorough in approach;
• Be enthusiastic and pro-active in manner
• Firm and fair in managing team members.
• Craft Certificate in Metal Fabrication. Metal Fabrication Technician Certificate will be an added advantage
• Must be in possession of a valid Driving License
• Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia
Experience & Skills:
• Five (5) years of direct experience in operational roles of Boiler making and Fabrication;
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience at a Supervisory level;
• Significant experience working in the Mining Maintenance Workshop will be an added advantage
• Should have knowledge of Pronto
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: