Laura & Partners Consulting Ltd. Our Client John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Accountant – Copperbelt, Northwestern
· The Accountant is a full-time position based in the Central Province office in Kabwe
· Accountant will set up and maintain the JSI financial accounts and administrative systems for the contract.
· S/he will be responsible for the accounting system, budget tracking and expenditure projections, expense monitoring and financial reporting for the contract. S/he will report to the Finance and Administration Manager in the Central Province office.
· Assist with the day to day accounting, including maintaining the JSI field accounts system, examining receipts and vouchers, reconciling advances, projecting and tracking expenditures and accruals;
· Enter transactions in Quickbooks accounting system and issue vouchers for all expenses;
· Review Petty cash documents received from the petty cash custodian and issue voucher for replenishment;
· Ensure timely monthly financial reports to the Finance and Administration Manager;
· Assist with monthly home office feedback on submitted financial reports;
· Ensure office space rentals are paid in time as per lease agreements and the rental schedule is constantly updated;
· Tracking and monitoring of provincial staff advances including reconciling of cash balances;
· Assist the Finance and Administration Manager to ensure compliance with all US Government (USG) and JSI financial management policies and regulations;
· Ensure regular communication with Senior Administration Officer, Administrative Assistant/Receptionist, and Provincial Logistics Officer for all financial related matters;
· Ensure that all expenses incurred by project are paid for in a timely manner and ensure VAT free exemption; and
· Support the JSI finance and accounting unit with all other tasks as assigned.
· Diploma or degree in accounting and/or a recognized accounting qualification (ACCA Part II/CIMA Part II or equivalent);
· At least 3 years of experience in financial management for international donors preferably including experience with USAID funded projects;
· Experience with QuickBooks accounting system desired;
· Experience and knowledge of Zambian tax laws preferred;
· Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access) and Quickbooks;
· Ability to juggle multiple tasks and willingness to take initiative;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member;
· Ability to travel to regional offices; and
· Fluency in English.
How to apply
Send an application via email: