The World Bank Country Office in Lusaka, Zambia is seeking a highly organized and energized professional, to support the Zambia Program as a Team Assistant based in Zambia. The successful candidate will work under the leadership and supervision of the Executive Assistant for Zambia and Regional Integration Program. Selected candidate will provide administrative and client support to the Operational Staff. The job implies frequent interaction with other development and regional institutions, Government officials, and other stakeholders, timely response as well as coordination with the different countries and sectors’ staff. Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Operational and administrative support:
• Participate in developing tasks/product times, using appropriate software.
• Maintain up-to-date the CMU filing system (electronic documents) and retrieve data from various sources when needed.
• Prepare folders of documents to be signed, ensure timely clearance and perform proper distribution.
• In collaboration with the Team Assistant in the CMU, coordinate logistics arrangement (video-conference, WebEx, and audio-conference) for meetings organized by CMU including preparation of folders for meetings, follow up with IT team to make sure that the sites connections are well established before the meetings, draft the minutes when needed.
• Support the team in the follow up with Senior Executive Assistant and the clients on portfolio related tasks in collaboration with the Team Assistant in the CMU (including monitoring deadlines, and deliverables and report issues to Snr.EA, etc.).
• Execute internal procurement related processes such as e-consult, liaising with the resource management team as the need arises.
• Monitor task budget/trust funds for tasks/products mapped to CMU.
• Undertake ad hoc inquiries requested by CMU.
• Extensive coordination with other Bank Group units and frequent liaison with the team members located in the different locations.
• Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle (Snr.EA).
• Maintain up to date the distribution lists, phone/address lists of CMUs/Project Teams involved in Comoros program in collaboration with the CMU.
• Interact with the Anchor units and other CMUs on issues related to portfolio.
• Serve as a back-up to other staff and Task Team Assistants on project and administrative tasks when needed.
• Assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events organized by the CMU in country (e.g. Senior Management visits, regional conferences
• Preferably a Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Office Management or Business Administration
• Two (2) years relevant work experience
• Proficiency in using computer applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Applied knowledge of World Bank’s organization, procedures and practices, including World Bank records management and filing procedures is an asset.
• Demonstrate initiative and motivation to proactively learn new developments in relevant policies, procedures and technology.
• Committed, dedicated and team player with ability to deal tactfully and effectively with staff and clients in a multi-cultural environment.
• Effective time management and organizational skills.
• Proficient English skills (verbal and written), including ability to draft routine correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
• Knowledge of French (verbal and written) will be an asset.
• Technology and systems knowledge
• In addition to excellent knowledge of Microsoft office applications, has solid knowledge and practical experience of technology and/or systems relevant to functional area of assigned responsibilities.
Has ability to use appropriate workflow management and planning systems and databases.
Demonstrates interest in and informs oneself of emerging systems, technology and databases which are relevant to the area of responsibility or might become relevant in the future.
Has ability to coach less experienced staff on application of relevant technology and systems in assigned responsibility.
• Project and task management
• Demonstrates knowledge of basic project management principles.
• Able to independently undertake diverse and complex assignments with minimal supervision and be accountable for outcomes and results.
• Demonstrates good organizational and time management skills, can plan and prioritize own work and, if it falls in assigned responsibilities, work of internal clients (e.g. manager).
• Able to proactively approach and resolve issues of competing demands and priorities.
• Demonstrates quality and efficiency in all outputs: ensures their adherence to department, VPU and institutional policies and guidelines.
• Institutional policies, processes, and procedures
• Displays good knowledge and understanding of the institutional vision, strategy, priorities and people relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities.
• Demonstrates relevant functional knowledge and detailed understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the assigned area of responsibilities and can apply them in practice and guide others in their application.
• Proactively looks for opportunities to enhance relevant functional knowledge and practical experience.
• Versatility and adaptability
• Demonstrates initiative and motivation in proactively learning new developments in relevant policies, procedures and technology.
• Able to identify problems and proactively prevent and/or solve them.
• Actively looks for ways to work smarter and more efficiently. Able to support and actively participate in change activities.
• Lead and Innovate
• Applies problem solving skills to engage self and others in developing solutions. Considers own behavior in context of WBG's values and mission and recognizes impact on others.
• Adapts own work to new approaches/processes.
• Deliver Results for Clients
• Displays understanding of client context and environment and interacts with them tactfully and diplomatically.
• Understands the department's priorities and how they relate to those of the organization.
• Demonstrates an independent sense of urgency and initiative; takes ownership for meeting agreed-upon deadlines for routine issues.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries
• Seeks opportunities to collaborate within own department and displays an open, helpful attitude toward others.
• Approaches conflicts as common problems to be solved.
• Involves others and seeks additional perspectives when needed.
• Considers the impact of work on WBG.
• Create, Apply and Share Knowledge
• Provides guidance and coaching to more inexperienced staff in areas of assigned responsibility or expertise.
• Shares knowledge and information with others across the work unit or department.
• Provides feedback on the work of others; recognizes importance of multiple perspectives.
• Make Smart Decisions
• Locates and accesses appropriate sources of information, data and lessons to support decision-making.
• Demonstrates a basic understanding of risk and risk management concepts. Acts with a sense of urgency in time-sensitive situations.
How to apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: