First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do. In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents. With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
• This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
• Provide effective procurement of material and services for the Kansanshi operation.
• Work with internal customers to provide a timely and efficient service.
• Assist when required on supply contract (FPA) administration.
• Expedite own orders to ensure timely delivery
• Procurement should be according to laid down company procedures and decisions should be made within policy guidelines.
• Comply with Kansanshi's Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
• Assist to provide ethical and commercially based procurement for Kansanshi.
• Assist with pricing information for other than procurement purposes such as the preparation of budget submissions, scopes of work, detailed costing for identified modifications and upgrades, as required.
• Other duties as directed by the supervisor.
• Formal qualifications in purchasing, minimum CIPS level 5, commercial law or other related fields.
• Operating experience with computer systems
• Absolute integrity
• Skills in management reporting.
• accounting and audit procedures
• Conversant with copper mining and treatment operations
• A working knowledge of computer based supply systems (preferably PRONTO)
• Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing & Supply
• Current driver's license
• Five (5) years experience in purchasing and contract preparation and administration preferably within the mining industry.
• Good interpersonal skills, including communication and negotiation skills
• Experience in formulation of and interpretation of purchase orders, tender and contract details.
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: