First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do. In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents. With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
• This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
• Develop work procedures and practices required to effectively implement the company health and safety policy, including provide input for periodic review of same.
• Develop and apply ventilation principles and hygiene practices, including risk assessment, hazard evaluation and control.
• Develop and conduct occupational health and hygiene training for induction and supervisory staff categories.
• Develop and maintain occupational health monitoring register and data bank.
• Monitor overall occupational health and hygiene performance and evaluation.
• Timeously prepare and produce all relevant company and statutory reports.
• Liaise and collaborate with external regulatory agencies, higher learning institutions and auditing firms.
• Adhere to all safety and health regulations, rules, guidelines and instructions to avoid any incidents/accidents.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by any superior official of the company.
• A full Grade 12 School Certificate
• Minimum Professional Qualification: Technologist/Degree in Field relevant to Occupational Health Management.
• Five (5) years relevant industrial experience.
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: