The Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Zambia country program was established in 2000, and administers a varied and diversified portfolio of nutrition, health systems strengthening, food security, economic growth and livelihoods, orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) research and HIV and AIDS programs. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identify is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and commitment to serving those in need.
• You will efficiently provide comprehensive information, clerical, and accounting services to assist the Finance Department in executing processes and delivering service needs that support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable
• As part of an experienced finance team you will deliver quality support in your role, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures and service standards.
• Complete standard financial documents (-vouchers, wire transfer requests, checks, etc.) following a sample template with prescribed guidelines and circulate as needed.
• Provide administrative and clerical support to financial transactions processing. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan related documentation
• File accounting and financial reporting documentation as instructed.
• Compile supporting documentation (liquidation/receipt package) to support processing of financial transactions.
• Communicate with staff, subrecipients, partners, suppliers to follow up on required documents.
• Perform data entry for financial transactions recording, following validation by the next-level Finance staff.
• Keep custody of various documents (e.g. blank/undelivered checks, fuel coupons, etc.).
• Cancel all financial documents before they are posted.
• Sit in for other finance staff when they are out conducting monitoring trips and assessments and when they are on leave.
• The Finance Assistant will also handle all material requisitions and travel arrangements for finance
• Receive cash and issue receipts and change for all income. Prepare cash/check deposit slip and give it to the agent for banking on a daily basis
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
• Education and Experience
• High School Diploma required.
• Professional diploma/Certificate or courses in Accounting, Finance.
• Two years’ work experience in a similar role with some familiarity of standard accounting practices.
• Experience with an international organization a plus.
• Experience using MS Office packages, in particular Excel and Word
• Hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
• Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented. Able to meet deadlines.
• Strong customer service ethic and abilities.
• Ability to work collaboratively
Required/Desired Foreign Language
• Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable)
• Key Working Relationships:
• Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
• These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Trusting Relationships
• Professional Growth
• Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
• CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
• Equal Opportunity Employer
How to apply
Email a cover letter, and curriculum vitae which should include three references to: