Applications are invited trom suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions at Lusaka Apex Medical University (LAMU).
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops a flexible annual audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology/including any risks or control concerns identified by management, and submit that plan to the audit committee for review and approval.
• Implements the annual audit plan, as approved, including, and as appropriate, any special tasks or p10jects requested by management and the audit committee.
• Collates identified risks across all sections of the university, i.e. operational, market, legal, credit, compliance, reputational, etc. risks, makes professional assessment of their likely occurrence and impact on the organization, tests controls in place to manage these risks and designs his/her work as part of the audit program to monitor and regularly report to the audit committee on his/her assessment of such risks.
• Establishes a quality assurance program for the operations of internal auditing activities.
• Performs investigations of suspected fraudulent activities within the organization and notifies management and the audit committee of the results.
• Evaluates and assesses new or changing services, processes, operations, and control processes coincident with their developmentm implementation, and/or expansion.
• Issues peri0dic reports to the audit committee and management summarizing results of audit activities.
• Keeps the audit committee informed of emerging trends and succesful practices in internal auditing, and provide on annual list of significant measurement goals on a results.
Essential Qualifications for the Position:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
• A professional qualification such as ZICA, ACCA and CIA, or comparable certification
• Five (5) O Levels including Maths & English
• Minimum five (5) years of audit experience
• Supervisory experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Must demonstrate the highest level of integrity and honesty
• Must be member of ZICA
• Sharing is Caring: Share this
How to apply
Applications with detailed CV, certified copies of professional/academic certificates, contact numbers and at least three (3) traceable referees, should be submitted to the following address:
The Human Resource Manager,
Lusaka Apex Medical University Ltd,
Corporate Head Office,
18963 off Katimamulilo Road Olympia Park,