First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company. With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world. We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid. First Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia. When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers. Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected reach 280 - 300,000 tonnes per annum.
• Examine boilers, pressure vessels, tanks, or vats to locate defects, such as leaks, weak spots, or defective sections, so that they can be repaired.
• Bolt or arc weld pressure vessel structures and parts together, using wrenches or welding equipment.
• Inspect assembled vessels or individual components, such as tubes, fittings, valves, controls, or auxiliary mechanisms, to locate any defects.
• Repair or replace defective pressure vessel parts, such as safety valves or regulators, using torches, jacks, caulking hammers, power saws, threading dies, welding equipment, or metalworking machinery.
• Attach rigging and signal crane or hoist operators to lift heavy frame and plate sections or other parts into place.
• Bell, bead with power hammers, or weld pressure vessel tube ends to ensure leak proof joints.
• Lay out plate, sheet steel or other heavy metal and locate and mark bending and cutting lines, using protractors, compasses, and drawing instruments or templates.
• Install manholes, hand holes, taps, tubes, valves, gauges, or feed-water connections in drums of water tube boilers, using hand tools.
• Study blueprints to determine locations, relationships, or dimensions of parts.
• Straighten or reshape bent pressure vessel plates or structure parts, using hammers, jacks, or torches.
• Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an on-going basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees
• Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
Experience & Skills:
• Three (3) years’ experience as an Artisan Boilermaker
• Able to read, understand and reference maintenance manuals.
• Able to interpret fabrication drawings and draft sketches.
• Able to fabricate from drawings, welding and developments
• Fabrication , modification and / or rectification of steelwork and / or pipe work, and or template marking and or repairs
• Able to install liners in chutes, feed boxes and hoppers
• Able to read blue prints and calculate material requirements
• Able to weld with Gas Metal Arc Welding using Carbon dioxide
• Able to weld with Manual Arc Welding in all positions
• Able to weld with Tungsten Arc Welding
• Craft Certificate in Metal Fabrication
• Valid Driving License
• Must be a member of EIZ
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: