Healthy Kids/Brighter Future improves the health of low income school-aged children through innovative models of school-based healthcare. Our goal is not only to improve the health of every Zambian child but also to substantially decrease illness-related school absenteeism, so that the health and education of the next generation of Zambians can help ensure a strong, vibrant society.
We seek a Program Manager to be responsible for planning, coordination, implementation and review of program activities, as well as overseeing the quality of our programs and developing improved quality assurance methods. The job will include identifying mistakes, challenges and successes, as well as providing feedback to improve the performance of staff and partners. The position will be based at our HQ in Lusaka though a significant amount of work will occur at our peri-urban partner site.
Reports To: President
• Work with the President to develop and monitor annual and quarterly goals and objectives
• Lead the program department and supervise Program Officers and Assistants
• Develop and monitor quarterly and monthly work-plans and budgets
• Oversee the implementation of program activities and manage day-to-day operation of program activities
• Oversee the evaluation of school health workers, schools, clinics and other field personnel, and coordinate regular performance reviews
• Develop and implement quality assurance policies and procedures for our programs
• Conduct school and health center site evaluations and provide technical support to administrators, teachers and clinic staff
• Help manage the coordination of program supplies and procurement
• Work with the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to strengthen program M&E systems and help coordinate timely collection of performance indicators, school outcome data and any other M&E activities
• Collaborate closely with the Director of Training to identify training gaps among teachers, administrators and other local stakeholders and help provide needed updates/refresher courses as necessary
• Collaborate closely with the Director of Training to select training participants and help coordinate training logistics
• Produce routine reports and updates for the President and Senior Management Team. Produce a variety of written documents and presentations for different audiences.
• Supervise and mentor interns and fellows attached to the organization as necessary
• Other duties as assigned.
‘Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
• Demonstrated expertise in program management and staff supervision.
• Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to command respect and to create a sense of community among the members of the project teams
• Strong knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programs
• Good understanding of the procurement process, including negotiation with third parties
• Demonstrated experience in budgeting and resource allocation procedures
• Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
• Proven ability to multi-task and coordinate complex logistical activities
• Firm command of M&E issues with respect to improving service delivery
• Experience and competence in health program monitoring and evaluation is preferred
• Experience in field operations in resource limited settings
• Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills
• Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, Statistical Software).
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience collaborating with government ministries is a plus
• A graduate degree in a relevant field is a plus
• Relevant degree in project management, healthcare administration or related field
• Seven or more years of experience in program management or equivalent
• This is a full-time job.
• You would work at HKBF’s office in Olympia, Lusaka.
How to apply
If you’re interested, and feel you are qualified, please send a CV, full contact details of at least three professional references, expected salary and a cover letter describing how your skills, qualifications and experience match the requirements.
Submit applications, quoting Ref:
PM, to The President,
Healthy Kids Brighter Future,
25980 Katima Mulilo Road,
PO Box GDN 12,