British American Tobacco Zambia has a very exciting opportunity for a professional to join our team based in Lusaka, as Head of Trade. Are you the right person for the role? Then, you should be prepared to:
• Lead the development and implementation of the marketing strategy in Zambia aligned to the Strategic Leadership Agenda (SLA).
• Ensure the necessary infrastructure and processes to deliver brand and trade programmes to meet both business and customer segment requirements.
• Manage the planning of marketing initiative and ensure the actual delivery;
• Allocate budget for all Marketing areas with the support of the direct reports;
• Ensure compliance with the international Marketing standards;
• Increase volume of sales and market shares.
• Essential requirements
• Ideally around 3-5 years experience in tobacco or a similar FMCG company
• Strategic planning experience
• Brand and trade programme developmen skillst
• Field operations / logistics / supply chain management knowledge
• Finance related knowledge
• Managerial & Interpersonal Skills
• Motivating, coaching and developing people
• Ability to solve conflicts among areas/ functions
• Developing and maintaining relationships with key external stakeholders
• Effective communication, presentation and facilitation
• Selling and negotiation
• Project management
Would be a plus:
• Strong leadership skills
• Influencing capabilities
• Great communication skills
• Working at BAT
• British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice — whether it’s our people or our products.
• Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success.
• We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago.
• Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio.
• With robust positions
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice — whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
There’s no doubt our industry is controversial — we’re the first to admit that. But rest assured, we take a responsible approach to our trade. In each of our markets, we observe every local law regarding tobacco (in many cases going further through our own voluntary code). Not only that, we treat our farmers fairly, invest in the environment and help to sustain local communities.
We also excel at developing our own people into leaders of the future. As a firm with a high-performance culture, we’ll expect a lot from you. But we’ll support you every step of the way to help you deliver. If you’re passionate and ambitious, rapid career progression is a reality here. And because we’re such a large firm (we employ more than 55,000 people worldwide), there are plenty of exciting opportunities for you to develop a truly extraordinary career.
How to apply
Send your application to the link below: