First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company. With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world. We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid. irst Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia.When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers.Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected reach 280 - 300,000 tonnes per annum.
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Assist to determine critical spare parts in order to generate strategic critical list and reasonable stock level for spare parts.
• Help design, wire or re-wire electrical circuits to improve the reliability of the electrical equipment.
• Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
• Ensure that maintenance objectives are effectively communicated to optimize plant availability.
• Ensure that all Safety and substation logbooks are checked and signed according to the procedure.
• Ensure that stock levels of electrical equipment are maintained in the warehouse and report all defective or substandard equipment to your direct Supervisor.
• Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
• Electrical Technician Certificate, Preferably HV
• Zambian driving License (Valid)
• Minimum Three years' experience in a Mining environment working as an artisan.
• A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
Experience & Skills:
• Current Zambian driving License
• Experience with Heavy Mobile Mining Equipment.
• Maintenance of transformers and AC/DC motors
• Troubleshooting skills and problem solving
• Previous PLC experience
• Thinking safely
• Upholding quality
• Technical Skill
• Good communication skills
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: