Reporting to the …, the SmartCare ICT Support Officer (SMACHT) will serve as SmartCare software and hardware support point person. The position encompasses the provision of timely tracking, monitoring, resolving, routing and following up of system support calls. It also involves the provision of SmartCare support to health facilities to ensure that EHR – SmartCare is working and used as expected in facilities. This position will be responsible for logging support calls in a central database and analyzing them. The position will also document SmartCare user experiences and develop sustainable SmartCare support strategies.
• SmartCare equipment delivery, installation and set-up and ensuring that the equipment is ready for use by health care and community health workers
• Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all SmartCare equipment in the province including storage and tracking of asset movement
• Ensure that all support calls provided to the MoH facilities are elaborately logged in the support database. The logs include all equipment repairs/part replacements required, software malfunctions, user problems, etc
• Conduct supervisory visits for health facilities in order to monitor the performance of SmartCare
• Serve as point person for all SmartCare support and incident management issues
• Identify training needs and schedule on-the-job training SmartCare users
• Ensure ICT Security Procedures are followed and antivirus is up-to-date an all SmartCare computers in the province
• Ensure that SmartCare updates are sent to SmartCare end users as needed
• Provide feedback on systems support activities
• Perform any other duties as assigned
• Good working knowledge of Computer hardware and software infrastructure
• Self-driven, with good communication and helpdesk skills with ability to track tasks and ensure completion
• Excellent work planning and organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of SmartCare would be an advantage.
Work Experience Required:
• Two (2) years work experience in systems support
Diploma, degree or higher in computer science or related systems training
Systems support certification an added advantage
How to apply
Please send your CVs to: