Akros is a cutting edge organization that establishes data-driven systems that improve the health and wellbeing of disadvantaged communities. We pride ourselves in our ground-level knowledge of the health systems where we work, and our ability to provide novel, lasting solutions implemented in developing regions. The anticipated USAID Evidence for Health (EH) project will provide technical support to health offices, implementing partners, local partners and the Government of Zambia stakeholders as each strives to improve data systems and utilization. Akros is currently seeking candidates for several roles on this upcoming opportunity. We present the anticipated scope of work for each roles as follows. Hiring of selected candidates is contingent upon successful award of the program to Akros.
• The HMIS Senior Advisor directly reports to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) in activity implementation and management.
• The Advisor will provide technical, strategic advice and programmatic direction for the development and implementation of HMIS aspects of the activity, for optimizing the generation, identification, collection, processing, storage, and dissemination of quality data and strategic information
• The expert technical advice provided will be used by the COP to support the technical assistance, and political direction provided by the activity to key government and nongovernment partners.
• A Master’s degree in information science, data science, public health, statistics, health informatics, or a related field
• Eight 8 years of experience in working with information systems management and design in the health field for USG-funded projects or other internationally funded programs
• Four 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies or methods
• USAID experience preferable
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
How to apply
Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis and are encouraged to apply early. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV with references to: