• One of our clients, an international Earth Moving Equipment Company with operations here in Zambia is looking for a High Voltage Electrician
• Carry out maintenance and component replacements in all areas relative to customer/site responsibilities.
• Repair all mechanical, hydraulic and electrical faults when they occur, including ancillary equipment (Specifically Mining Equipment)
• Carryout maintenance and component replacements in all areas relative to customer/site responsibilities.
• Carryout Electrical diagnosis and repairing of faults on the OHT T284 trucks, and all site machines including ancillary equipment as applicable and as directed.
• Carry out all required major and minor services to the T284 OHT and other customer/site machines as directed.
• Carryout pre- and post-repair running checks and commissioning as per OEM standards.
• Apply the concepts of electricity as direct current, alternating current calculation test, electrical capacity of cables, electrical circuit analysis and measurement unit’s system using the electrical drawings.
• Correct and appropriate use of supplied electrical tooling and equipment such as voltage, current, resistance meters including Megger, high voltage measuring kit.
• Interpret electrical and hydraulic drawings, and symbols, demonstrating the capacity to implement and/or dissemination of manuals, as an aid to repair the equipment in accordance with OEM standards.
• Perform equipment maintenance, inspection and repair of parts, support and monitor the processes of maintenance; highlighting and recommending corrective actions when anomalies are detected.
• Follow the part management and maintenance strategies as determined by the site management.
• Follow specific operating procedures.
• Follow specific maintenance procedures.
• Operation of plant and mobile equipment within limits of competence and training.
• Carry out inspections and audits on equipment as required.
• Undertake housekeeping and housekeeping inspections.
• Accurate completion of documentation including timesheets, maintenance requests and any customer/site specific documentation required providing specific work details and findings.
• Undertake training as required to improve knowledge and gain new skills.
• Maintain service and repair equipment in a safe and efficient manner
• Conduct yourself in a manner, which is courteous, respectful and co-operative towards customers and Liebherr personnel and deal ethically and honestly with all people and situations
• Acquiring knowledge of the machines to complete relevant processes
• Follow reasonable directions by LZM and client, as directed by immediate superior.
• Demonstrate willingness to work in other sections within the maintenance environment.
• Maintain customer additional plant as and if directed.
• Carryout associated administrative duties as required.
• Liaise with Company and client about any safety and operational issues identified
• Demonstrate and apply a mythological approach to fault finding and diagnosing.
• Report to work on time
• Any other duties as requested by the Project Manager, Product Advisors and LZM Management.
• Report all incidents, (by completing company approved incident report form) to LZM Project Manager or appointed senior manager on site.
• Comply with and drive the team, in ensuring Safety, Environment, Health and Occupational Risk Prevention as enforced by Company and the customer.
• Report to work in a sound and physically fit manner, managing self-fatigue.
• Assess the occupational health and safety hazards and risks in the workplace, specifically those relating to work undertaken by your position and ensure appropriate
• control measures are implemented before undertaking those tasks.
• Raise occupational health and safety issues with your supervisor or manager where you have identified an unacceptable risk.
• Participate in all HSE related inductions and training requirements.
• Demonstrate commitment to and participate and contribute in achieving the tasks emanating from HSEC audits
• Trade Qualification or higher
• Current Zambian driver’s licence
• High Voltage Electrical License (or Equivalent – if exist)
• Four 4 years in similar positions in mining
• Knowledge of electricity, intermediate level.
• Knowledge of pneumatics, mechanical and hydraulics, basic level.
• Microsoft Office user level.
• Intermediate knowledge in materials technology.
• Knowledge of Failure Analysis I
• knowledge of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
• Current Silicossis Certificate
• Working at Heights Certificate
• Current HV Switching Certificate (if exist)
• First Aid
How to apply
Send your CV to the email below: