Zambia Revenue Authority Job Vacancy In line with our corporate priorities aimed at ensuring optimization of revenue collection and increased tax compliance on one hand and the need to effectively manage the numerous challenges and opportunities in the fast changing business environment on the other, we are seeking highly motivated, result-oriented and well-qualified and experienced professionals to fill the following vacancies in ZRA.
• Reporting directly to the Assistant Director Procurement and Supplies, the job holder will be responsible for the planning, coordination and control of the procurement activities in the Purchasing and Supplies unit in order to ensure timely acquisition of goods, services and works.
Main Duties/ Accountabilities
• Prepare the Procurement Plan and timely submission to the Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA).
• Implement the Procurement Plan and measure its performance.
• Coordinate the timely acquisition of goods, services, consultancies and works from supply sources in line with the Zambia Public Procurement Authority guidelines.
• Prepare Procurement Committee papers for submission through the Assistant Director to the ZRA Procurement Committee.
• Submit Procurement Committee Minutes to ZPPA timely
• Operate as the Verifying Officer for all purchase requisitions before submission to the Assistant Director for approval and authorization.
• Prepare all Tender Evaluation Reports for the acquisition of goods, services and works.
• Prepare Monthly Reports on Procurement activities.
• Chair all Tender Opening Meetings and prepares Tender Opening Reports.
• Secure all the Securities submitted by Bidders and ensures their safe and timely return.
• Manage the tendering process in accordance with Public Procurement Act No 12 of 2008 and Public Procurement Regulations Statutory Instrument No 63 of 2011
• Grade 12 School Certificate or General Certificate of Education (GCE) equivalent.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Procurement or Business Related Degree ‘
• Graduate Diploma of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (MCI PS),
• Minimum of four (4) years relevant post-qualifying work experience in procurement
• Full member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply with a valid practicing License. ‘
• Must have Knowledge of the Public Procurement Act No. 12 of 2008 Knowledge of SAP will be added advantage
Other Skills And Attributes
• High level of integrity ‘
• Good communication skills. ‘
• Leadership skills
• Management skills
• Managerial skills.
• Research and report writing skills.
• Negotiating skills
How to apply
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their detailed CVs, photocopies of their academic/ professional qualifications and any other relevant documentation in support of the application. Daytime and reachable telephone and/or mobile numbers should be clearly stated.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted,
Director - Human Resource,
Zambia Revenue Authority,
PO Box 35710,