PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health. In the last several years, remarkable progress has been made in fighting Malaria worldwide. In November 2006, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation awarded a grant to support the expansion of the fight against malaria in Africa. Advancements in prevention and treatment have resulted in marked reductions in illness and death. Eliminating malaria is achievable using existing tools and a focused strategy, and the Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA III), a program at PATH, is working with its national partners to chart the way forward through the development of an evidence-based framework to guide countries through a comprehensive set of program interventions to elimination.
PATH seeks to recruit a Temporary Procurement and Logistics Associate who will be employed on a five (5) months duration to assist the Project Planning and Logistics Officer in the preparation and execution of local procurement including venue bookings for meetings, workshops and trainings, assist in getting quotations from suppliers and facilitate quotation analysis, review, update, and maintain purchase order records until they are closed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the preparation and execution of local procurements including venue bookings for meetings, workshops and trainings.
• Managing the vehicle hire process which includes vehicle inspection, tracking log sheets and fuel usage and preparing payments.
• Assist in getting quotations from suppliers and facilitate quotation analysis.
• Get appropriate review and approval before purchase order is issued.
• Transmit and prioritize approved purchase orders and supporting documents to suppliers.
• Review, update, and maintain purchase order records until they are closed.
• Track deliveries and make sure the project receive exactly what was ordered from suppliers.
• Maintain an updated Vendors register at all times and managing inventory.
• Enter all the goods received in the Inventory Register.
• Assist departments with specification development and also sit on the Procurement.
• Assist domestic and international travel arrangements for both staff and visitors.
• Maintain the monthly travel logging sheet for the project staff.
• Monitor vehicle maintenance records, log sheets and vehicle track system.
• Maintain fuel reconciliation for both project and hired vehicles.
• Three (3) years of work experience in procurement and supply in a fast paced environment.
• Minimum of Advanced Diploma in Purchasing and Supply from a recognized learning Institution.
• Preferably a member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
• Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia.
• PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
• PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
• PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to apply
Send your applications to the link below: