The Health Professions Council of Zambia is a statutory regulatory body under the Ministry of Health with both statutory obligations to regulate the registration of health care facilities and health practitioners as well as maintaining optimal standards of competence, care and professional conduct. It was established under the Health Professions Act No. 24 of The Health Act continues the existence of the Medical Council of Zambia which was established under the repealed Medical and Allied Professions Act. The mission of the Health Professions Council of Zambia is to safeguard the quality of health care services by regulating and monitoring the professional conduct of Public and Private Health practitioners, Health facilities and Training Institutions. The Council seeks applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill up the following positions:
• To undertake provision of information technology services in order to facilitate the smooth operations of Council.
• Undertakes effectively installation of software packages in order to ensure there utilization
• Manages and undertakes effectively the basic maintenance of information technology hardware in order to ensure its working order
• Undertakes effectively the maintenance of the local area network in order to ensure internal communication and storage of information
• Undertakes effectively the design, development and review of systems in order to streamline and automate work proccsses
• Undertakes effectively the development, update and maintenance of databases in order to facilitate storage and retrieval of information
• Undertakes effectively the management of the institutional website in order to ensure its currency and functionality
Reporting relationship, Knowledge and skills requirements:
• Report to the Senior Information Technology Officer (SITO)
• Full grade twelve (12)/ Form five (5) Certificate
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Sciences from a reputable University
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in reputable institutions i.e. Regulatory Statutory board or
Public Institutions will be an added advantage
• Knowledge on both hard and software
• Knowledge on Web and Programming
• Creative and Innovative
• Goal-oriented and able to work independently to achieve results, as well as able to collaborate with a diverse team.
• Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
• Able to write analytical and technical reports.
• Knowledgeable of most used Computer packages.
How to Apply
Only applicants who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply and send Application Letters including their daily contact phone numbers, detailed Curriculum Vitae, enclosed certified photocopies of Green National Registration Card, Academic and Professional Certificates and three traceable referees with their phone numbers and email addresses to:
The Registrar Health Professions Council of Zambia,
7 Chaholi Road, Rhodes Park,
PO Box 32554,